- apayneAsked on July 18, 2013 at 03:22 AM
When a user fills out a form and submits, the submission results include all the fields on the form, even if they are not populated with any data. can i make it so that the submission only includes the filled fields? http://form.jotform.co/form/31751711000841
- sidharth_kchAnswered on July 18, 2013 at 04:01 AM
Yes it's possible to hide empty fields on submission emails. Please follow these steps to enable this feature:
1. Click on "Setup & Embed"
2. Click on "Preferences" at the toolbar
3. Under "Advanced Settings" tab enable the "Hide Empty Fields on Emails"
FYI: This feature will work only on default email template. If you edit/modify the notification email template, this feature will not work.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- mgcaledonian13Answered on December 21, 2014 at 06:33 AM
I want to do the same but as you point out if this Template is edited at all it then upsets the hide empty emails. Does mean even if the "Question & Answer" is removed.
I would think that a lot of people would be glad of the ability to remove some of the text that means nothing to the user in a Response without making the Template "dirty". Would this feature be considered at all? Is there way to work around this?
- BenAnswered on December 21, 2014 at 07:00 AM
I have moved your question to a new thread found here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/480158
We will be replying to it shortly and would appreciate if you would leave all further responses there.