- mfaapplicationAsked on July 18, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Is the service down?
- EliezerNAnswered on July 18, 2013 at 01:47 PM
I apologize for the inconveniences that may have caused.
I cloned your form and tested it and I had no problems to upload a file. I will kindly ask you to remove the integration with Google Drive and then Rebuilt it.
If that does not work, please let us know.
- EliezerNAnswered on July 19, 2013 at 03:06 PM
I apologize for my first answer as it was not so helpful enough to solve your issue. Now I think I have found better solution for you.
Upon trying to find a solution to your issue I investigated deeper into the settings of your form. I checked if you have enabled the Send Uploads to FTP option and you haven't, look at the image:
To send the uploads of your form to your FTP, you need to check the previous option and then fill out the information requested.
Please follow these steps:
1. While in MY FORMS page select the form where you want to enable FTP then click on Submissionsbutton:
2. Then click on the Settings icon in the right side.
3. Select the Send Uploads to FTP option.
4. Enter your ftp credentials in the FTP Integration Wizard, then click Next.5. Configure the folders and directory where you want your uploads to be saved. Click Finish.You can also use FTP feature if you have an integration with Google Drive and there should not be any problem.Please enable FTP following the steps above and if you have issues, don't hesitate to contact us.Thanks.
- EliezerNAnswered on July 19, 2013 at 03:31 PM
Here you have the images confirming that FTP works fine in my side even when the Google Drive integration is enabled at the same time:
GOOGLE DRIVE INTEGRATION:
I hope this helps.