- kirklandb1Asked on July 20, 2013 at 08:00 AM
I need a workflow to do the following;
Teacher goes to website and completes form and submits
Form goes to supervisor email for approval...a hyper link contained in the email allows the supervisor to approve or decline the request
An email is then sent back to the teacher informing them of the supervisors decision
And all is logged into spreadsheet within google.
Please let me know how to accomplish this....
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 20, 2013 at 01:35 PM
That is possible with the following:
1. Teacher goes to website and completes form and submits - You need to add "Supervisor" only section or "Approval" section to the form. You can disallow teachers to see this page by using Our Conditional Logic Tool (Show/Hide Condition). Example Form: http://form.jotform.co/form/32005240041836? (in "Supervisor Approval Codes" input "super1" to see the "Approved with Yes or NO" field.
The Conditional Logic:
2. Form goes to supervisor email for approval...a hyper link contained in the email allows the supervisor to approve or decline the request - You will have to include the "Edit" submission link to the Email Notification settings to make this possible. So, the supervisor Edit the submission, he enter "Supervisor" area and choose "Yes" from "Approved?" field. This will trigger another Notification to him showing the changes. The Email will contain a Prefix "(EDIT)" to the Subject Line.
3. An email is then sent back to the teacher informing them of the supervisors decision - You need to add an Auto Responder to the Form. Trigger this Auto Responder to send if the Supervisor "Approved" the submission by a teacher. Follow this guide: Send Form Notification Base on a Field Selection. In my form, here's the Conditional Logic:
4. And all is logged into spreadsheet within google. - You will have to integrate the form to Google Spreadsheet: Google Spreadsheet Integration
Please test my form, you'll see the process. Use a valid Email address. Let us know if you need any further assistance.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 20, 2013 at 01:40 PM
Basically, we have a guide for that. You can find it here: http://www.jotform.com/help/194-How-to-assign-a-Status-to-Submissions.
- kirklandb1Answered on July 25, 2013 at 10:21 PM
I set this up but after I click on the edit link as the supervisor and go in approve and click submit it comes back to me . It does not go to the teacher. Please let me know what i am doing wrong
- kirklandb1Answered on July 25, 2013 at 10:34 PM
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 26, 2013 at 02:24 AM
My apologies! I remember that we have disable using TAGS from our Auto Responder settings or from our Email Settings.
Instead of the Auto Responder, create another Email Notification and associate the conditional logic to it.
If you want, I can do the changes.
- kirklandb1Answered on July 26, 2013 at 08:10 AMYes can u fix
Sent from my iPhone