- markashtonAsked on July 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I have started using your reports using a custom domain and they work nicely ...
But please have a look at the Page Title Syntax for Jotform Reports:
HTML Report: http://demomr.myresearch.info/table/32024528907049
This defaults to the Page Title Of The Form: DemoMR Diary
Visual Report: http://demomr.myresearch.info/report/31973752897068
This defaults to the name you have given the report
Grid Report: http://demomr.myresearch.info/grid/32005060010024
This is unchangeable and stays as Jotform - Grid
It is vital I can provide reports without reference to Jotform.
Would you be most kind as to change the title of this from ...
Jotform - Grid to Grid Report
More appropriate anyway ..
PS I don't mind the jotform favicon ... just the word Jotform in the Page Title
- markashtonAnswered on July 22, 2013 at 01:50 PM
Actually - it would be better if it defaulted to the Page Title of the form just like the html report does.
Then they would be consistent.
However, if it is a very quick amend to change from 'Jotform - Grid' to 'Grid Report' by direct amend to the html Page Title then I would be happy.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on July 22, 2013 at 01:57 PM
I am forwarding your request to our developers
In the meantime I would suggest you rather than providing to your customers the custom domain of your grid report, you should try to embed it into a webpage of yours, so it would show that Page Title rather than the one in the grid report
- markashtonAnswered on July 22, 2013 at 03:38 PM
I've been doing that all along. It's too time incentive and it also has a big long non-sensical url.
The custom domain thing is great as they all have the same url format .. has a url that makes sense ... its tidy and quick ... and it works beautifully.
Regardless, there should be some standardisation for the report titles - they're currently all over the shop.
I'm sure it would take 30 seconds to do this yeah?
- KadeJMAnswered on July 22, 2013 at 04:04 PM
Hey Mark, the idea has been passed along with details to our Development Team. It's not currently assigned to anyone probably since they're busy with other issues at the moment. But I'm pretty sure they will look into it as soon as they have time.
- markashtonAnswered on July 23, 2013 at 04:40 AM
Slept on this.
All report page titles should default to the page title of the form.
Standardised, individual and meaningful.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 23, 2013 at 08:11 AM
Thank you for the updates. Your latest message was noted.
- markashtonAnswered on July 26, 2013 at 05:37 AM
Can this be done please ... I'd be most grateful
- KadeJMAnswered on July 26, 2013 at 09:27 AM
Hi Mark, At the moment this is still waiting probably since our developers are busy with higher priority issues which is often the reason for delays. We've marked this one as Important and I'm sure our Development Team will handle it as soon as they can so I'd like to request a little bit more patience from you if you can offer us that much for now for a little longer. Thank you in advance.
- markashtonAnswered on July 26, 2013 at 09:29 AM
This will take all of 20 seconds that's why I am pushing it.
- markashtonAnswered on July 29, 2013 at 04:10 AM
Any chance this can be implemented plaese?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 29, 2013 at 05:56 AM
We are still waiting for an update from our developers. This is already on their list. Still, we ask your patience for this matter.
- markashtonAnswered on July 29, 2013 at 08:06 AM
I use a custom domain for reports ... http://demomr.myresearch.info/grid/32005060010024
I can't do this because of the title.
Has it been assigned to anyone plesae?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 29, 2013 at 10:04 AM
The custom domain has been added on the ticket description. It is indeed assigned to our developers already. We'll keep you posted as soon as updates are available.
- markashtonAnswered on July 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM
What you on about?
Why do you need a ticket for something that is already done?
And why do I have to spend time explaining it?
Custom domain applied to report. Done!
What I want ... let me compose myself here .. is the word jotform removed from the page title.
As any web developer knows ... this is a 20 second job ... sopen the template ... remove the word jotform from the <ttile> tag.
Please read posts properly !!
- jefreylandichoAnswered on July 29, 2013 at 12:37 PM
We have not yet received any update from our developers but this thread is already marked as Important. We will update you as soon as we heard from our developers that this issue has been resolved.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 29, 2013 at 01:04 PM
Sorry I was referring to your report URL with custom domain since you mentioned you are using custom domain but yet not enough since page title is defaulted to JotForm Grid or Grid Report. We got what you mean by the way and it's on the ticket description, FYI.
- markashtonAnswered on July 31, 2013 at 09:13 AM
Would you be kind enough to find out the status of this please?
Is it assigned to a developer?
- KadeJMAnswered on July 31, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Hi Again Mark, Unfortunately I think this one may take a little bit longer then expected. I know for a fact that our Developers have been very very busy these last few weeks but I am sure they will get to this thread when they have time as they usually do when they can. I've noted that you'd really like this to be worked on and also I will notify our Development Team as a reminder and as soon as we hear something for this we'll let you know about it.
- markashtonAnswered on July 31, 2013 at 10:15 AM
The amount of time it will take will be 30 seconds .... a lot less than all the effort I've had to put in trying to get it done.
30 seconds !! And me and you have had to spend ages going back and forth ....
Can someone just open the html file ... and remove the word 'Jotform' so it just says 'Grid' ... let's not be under any illusion here ... this isn't a job
Can someone just do that for me ... so I can use this goddam platform with my clients?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM
We are doing our best. We are still hoping that you could wait for our updates instead. We know how important this function to you. Our developers know it.
Thank you very much.
- markashtonAnswered on July 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Tell me ... how long do you think it takes an engineer to remove a word from the <title> tag?
- markashtonAnswered on August 06, 2013 at 01:21 PM
Just reiterating my point above ...
.. how long do you think it takes an engineer to remove a word from the <title> tag?
An act that would benefit a loyal customer like me ... and no one can see their way to doing it ?
Please can this be done?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on August 06, 2013 at 03:08 PM
This is not something that we (Support Team) can do. All the product changes are being handled by our Development Team.
In general the procedure is the following:
1. We create and forward a ticket to our Next Level Support.
2. That ticket is being considered and assigned in our internal system.
3. The Developer in charge or anyone who is interested in fixing/implementing the request is working on it according to the priority. Things that are asked a lot or affect a lot of users are being implemented/fixed first.
Your ticket is marked as important, and it will be handled by our Development Team once they can do that.
- markashtonAnswered on August 06, 2013 at 04:28 PM
Fair enough ... can yopu forward this on to them then.
I'll be back again tomorrow ;-)
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on August 06, 2013 at 05:45 PM
It has been forwarded to them already. We are just waiting for updates or they might update you here once they've completed this request.
- markashtonAnswered on August 14, 2013 at 11:08 AM
There have been some great changes to the Grid report lately ... and one can use the custom domain technique to mask the jotform origination of the report in the URL.
For HTML reports ... the page title sensibly defaults to the Page Title Of The Form
But for Grid reprts ... the page title just states 'Jotform - Grid' for every one .. ??
Could I request that this be changed please to the same as with html reports i.e. it defaults to the Page Title Of the Form.
Would you be kind enough to do this please ... it makes total sense
- KadeJMAnswered on August 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Hi Mark, I think I understand what you are speaking about so I will go ahead and update this in our notes on this thread for you. :)
Please correct me if I'm wrong though but I think you speak of the Tab/Page Titles you mention as I've depicted below:
- markashtonAnswered on August 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM
That is correct.
They need streamlining at least ... thought this would have been done as I'm sure it is a quick job.
Probably best to default all to the name of the Form ... don't you think?
I can then just use a custom domain and ... job done ... no one is non the wiser.
- JotForm SupportkennethAnswered on August 15, 2013 at 09:42 PM
Should be okay now, table report and grid report title are now consistent. You just need to recreate your report or resubmit a submission to get the updated grid report.
If you face any more problems, let us know.
- markashtonAnswered on August 16, 2013 at 05:08 AM
Am most grateful. Consider this closed.