- tperonaRIAsked on July 28, 2013 at 04:16 PM
I have been creating secured forms. I found some advice from JotForm of how to do it correctly (http://www.jotform.com/answers/4728-Are-form-submissions-HIPPA-compliant). In that article, the writer mentions to receive an email alert with no data, and only see the data by loging into your account. I can not find how to do that. When I click onto the email alert in the form it is only allowing me to change the reply/email options, not to delete the form or specific fields of the form. Please advise. Thanks so much!!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 28, 2013 at 05:22 PM
Are you refering to the same inquiry you did here
To clarify, it was mentioned that in #2 (from this thread) to not include confidetial information into the email because it is not encrypted or in plain text only.
2. Edit emails on all forms to make sure no specific information is used on them. We send emails in plain text. So, they are not secure. Only use emails to get alerts to know there is a new submission. Once you receive an email alert, log into the secure JotForm site and then look at the user
If you exclude the particular field in your form's email notification (email alert), it will not be seen on the email message by the recipient.
If you want to see the form submissions which will conain all of the forms data, including those data not included in the email notificaiton, you should then go to the My Forms Submissions page.
1. Click My Forms on top of the page
2. Click the form of which you need to get the submissions.
3. Click the Submissions button from the toolbar above
Hope this answers your question. Contact us again anytime for any clarificaiton needed.
- tperonaRIAnswered on July 28, 2013 at 05:56 PMI there,
Thank you so much for getting back to me. I forgot how fast you guys
respond. I actually figured out exactly what you were talking about with
the email response, right before you emailed me (lol). I thought it was
something in the coding to tell it to just email an alert, but then I
figured out to just delete the unwanted fields. Sorry to bother you.
Thanks so much!!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 28, 2013 at 06:02 PM
Thank you for updating us. We're always glad to be of help in any ways.
Feel free to contact us again anytime for any other inquiry you might have.