- nbromyardAsked on July 30, 2013 at 06:47 PM
I'm trying to link my form to a MC list. The first problem is the field on the left Full Name doesnt exist on my MC list. It should be first name last name but I cant even select these or add them as an option. Then Membership Type only lets me select date of birth 3 times instead of a hidden field membership type. I have left the integration connected so you can see. I have tried clearing the cache 2 x different API keys and clearing all of my data down.
Can you help please?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 30, 2013 at 08:36 PM
To map the Full Name, you have to use Full Name tool under Quick Tools to match it to your MailChimp Form.
However, if you'd like to use two separate fields for the full name (firstname & lastname), follow this guide:
1. Delete the Mail Chimp's default "First Name" and "Last Name" fields (You should set them first as unrequired and then delete). After that, recreate the two fields.
2. Re-integrate your form to MC, you should be able to set them after that.
For the membership type, if it still doesn't allow you to map using hidden box, replace it with normal text box instead and hide it using custom CSS injection. You can use the following code.
Replace the #fieldID with the field ID of the membership text box. Here's How to find Field IDs & Names on the fields.
Let us know if you have any difficulties with the steps above so we can assist you further.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 30, 2013 at 08:38 PM
By the way, you have to recreate the First Name and Last Name field in your MailChimp form after deleting the default fields. I forgot to mention it, sorry.
- nbromyardAnswered on July 31, 2013 at 03:27 AM
Thanks for the prompr response. However removing the fields in the MC list and the nrecreating them even with slightly different names doesnt help. When you run the integration it still prompts to link an MC field called Full name which doesnt exist in the MC list or thew form.
- jefreylandichoAnswered on July 31, 2013 at 05:48 AM
Im your MailChimp account, please go to your List Setting > List Fields then remove the First Name and Last Name Field (not in the form) then create a new text field e.g. First Name and Last Name, please do these step before integrating MailChimp in Jotform. This is similar to what Elton said but we are using a different approach this time.
In your form builder, create two text field e.g First Name and Last Name
Set the field in the Match Form Fields window.
Then you will be to separate the first name and last name as shown below. Note that some delay may occur like 2-3 seconds.
- nbromyardAnswered on July 31, 2013 at 05:58 AMHi,
Thanks for the reply. But what you are describing from the MC side is
exactly what I Did twice. Once with the same field names and once with
slightly different names. The only difference is I didn't need to create the
fields on the Jot form as they already existed. Are you saying it won't work
unless I remove them on the Jot form and but them back again?
- jefreylandichoAnswered on July 31, 2013 at 06:21 AM
You do not need to remove the field in your form builder, you only need to match the field on your Jotform and MailChimp. Also, I have checked account did not find any MailChimp Integration in any of your forms.
- nbromyardAnswered on July 31, 2013 at 06:56 AMHi,
the integration wasn't in place because the form is live. I have put it back
but the fields mapped are incorrect.
1. This is the MC list the first and last name fields have been removed and
replaced by First-name and Last-name (both Text fields)
2. This is part of my Jot form showing two text fields for the name
4. This is the screen I get when I try to map the fields. Note the Full name
which I can't change
I hope this shows the problem more clearly. How do I get the integration
screen to show me first and last names in the left hand column? So I can map
- jefreylandichoAnswered on July 31, 2013 at 09:35 AM
Can you please provide us a screenshot of the MailChimp field setting you have created for the List called 'All Members' in your MailChimp account. A similar screenshot below would really be helpful.
The left hand columns fields are the MailChimp Fields and right column is the jotform fields, click add new option to show that option of matching fields.
- nbromyardAnswered on July 31, 2013 at 09:56 AMHere is a screen shoot of the All members list in Mail Chimp as requested
there are other fields that are not showing but none called Full Name.
Please note I have tried to integrate with the required flag not set as well
in case that had an effect.:-
- jefreylandichoAnswered on July 31, 2013 at 10:47 AM
We are unable to see the screenshot in your response. Please use this link and paste the url here to share the screenshot you made.
- nbromyardAnswered on July 31, 2013 at 10:51 AMhttp://tinypic.com/r/33ypc1d/5
- jefreylandichoAnswered on July 31, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Please try setting the FNAME and LNAME to MERGE1 and MERGE2.
- nbromyardAnswered on July 31, 2013 at 11:40 AMAfter removing the integration and clearing the forms cache this now works.
The next problem is membership type! is there anyway I can put a hidden drop
down or radio button on the jot form?
Many Thanks for the help so far.
- jefreylandichoAnswered on July 31, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Please create a separate thread for the next question as it would be irrelavant to the thread title. Our team would also be able to provide much better assistance then.