- BaitMeTreatsAsked on May 10, 2011 at 10:37 PM
When we go to print out one of our forms - the pages are numbered 1 of 3, 2 of 3 and 3 of 3 HOWEVER there are FOUR pages and the one that wont print is the real page three. Does this make sense? Check out Bait Me Treats distributor PO form.
Thanks for the help.
- allanftdAnswered on May 11, 2011 at 12:18 AM
Thank you for using the support forum. Are you referring to JotForm's print to PDF function? I have compared the actual form and the one produced when printing to PDF and I found no difference in the form contents. Could you please try again and let us know if the problem still persists?
We'll wait for your feedback. Thank you for using JotForm!
- BaitMeTreatsAnswered on May 11, 2011 at 12:20 AM
Hi Thanks for your reply - no I am referring to using the actual 'print form' buttom on the form itself that any user can print from.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 11, 2011 at 06:51 AM
I checked the form you were talking about and did a test print to xps printer (file printer). So far, after a couple of tries, I did not encounter the problems that you mentioned.
All the fields appeared in the printed file. However, if you do not fill out the form and you print it without any information, page 4 would not have anything in it, aside from the form's url, title, and page numbers. That is because the textbox fields become smaller in size if left empty.
I can assure you though that all fields are printed out. I have even checked the fields and compared it to those in the printed file one by one. Please do check it yourself and see what I mean.
Let us know if your problem still occurs. Thank you for your cooperation. We'll await your response.
- BaitMeTreatsAnswered on May 11, 2011 at 07:50 AM
we still cannot get the last part of the form to print...but it must be us if you cannot recreate the issue. will keep trying.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 11, 2011 at 08:07 AM
Alright. Please update us on your progress. We'd love to hear from you soon.
- BaitMeTreatsAnswered on May 23, 2011 at 05:42 PM
Issue is still not resolved. Hitting PRINT FORM only prints part of form. Have tried everything.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 24, 2011 at 04:20 AM
I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you. Can you specifically point out which part of the form or which field does not get printed? Also, when printing, make sure that you have chosen "All Pages" in the print options
I'll await your response. Thank you.
- allanftdAnswered on May 24, 2011 at 04:55 AM
In addition to what Neil has suggested, please take a look at this file. It was printed using a PDF printer application called PDF995. The procedure to use this application is similar to printing using external printers like Canon and HP except that it prints a PDF softcopy and not a paper copy. Note that it is different from JotForm's print to PDF feature. My point is I was able to print the whole form (albeit blank) using the Print Form button and this file is the proof.
Please double check the printer settings as what Neil mentioned in his post. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
- BaitMeTreatsAnswered on May 24, 2011 at 08:08 AM
Hi thanks for all your answers - it is not my printer and I understand about settings - I work on computers all day long - the forms are not printing the entire products field for anyone on any computer (except it seems the jot form folks) usinf the PRINT FORM button. The pages are numbers correctly for what they print - 1 of 3, 2 of 3 and 3 of 3 however the products part stops after STEAK BITES and skips the rest of the order and then prints the end of the form picking up with SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS. Its as if it prints pages 1,2, 4 but not 3 but it numbers page 4 as page 3.
As for the PDF file - I understand what you are telling me but I need for my customers, wholesalers and distributors to be able to simply press the PRINT FORM button in the form and have all information printed on their printers. I use your forms b/c they are simple and simple works best for most people.
Thank you for all your suggestions but nothing we have tried allows the entire forms to be printed for anyone on any printer. I too am not able to print entire form from any of 4 printers in the office or 2 at home.
- allanftdAnswered on May 25, 2011 at 01:12 AM
Thanks for the update and for confirming that the print settings are correct. We do have a few more questions for you to help isolate the issue.
- Have you tried printing from another printer?
- Are there any other forms that you're having this same issue?
- What web browser were you using when you tried to click the Print button? Have you tried using the built-in Print function of your browser?
- Have you tried printing page 3 only?
We shall await your response and are eager to find a solution to this pesky problem for you.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
- BaitMeTreatsAnswered on May 25, 2011 at 08:25 AM
"the forms are not printing the entire products field for anyone on any computer" - from above reply.
Meaning no matter who is trying to print from any computer on any format or any browser anywhere in the world the part of the products after steak bites and befor special instructions it wont print.
yes you can use built in print but that prints entire page including headers and in a large format taking many pages etc - we want the print form button to work. We need the forms printed after the customer makes their choices - distributors use these forms in their monthly files to compile data - especially since we now must manually move submissions from pending (see other issue) so that we have a back up record of sales.
- allanftdAnswered on May 26, 2011 at 12:00 AM
We appreciate your response. The above questions were not meant to be solutions. We'd like to know your answers in an effort to trim down the possible causes of your concern. Please note that there are no similar issues at the moment and I assume you only have this issue on this form only. These reasons make it quite challenging to figure out the root cause of the problem, hence the questions we asked.
Have you tried deleting the Print (and Submit) button and reinserting it again? Please let us know if it works out or not so that we can provide further assistance. Thank you for bearing with us.
- BaitMeTreatsAnswered on May 27, 2011 at 11:02 AM
- Have you tried printing from another printer? YES
- Are there any other forms that you're having this same issue? ALL PRODUCT FORMS FOR BMT
- What web browser were you using when you tried to click the Print button? Have you tried using the built-in Print function of your browser? ALL BROWSERS HAVE BEEN TRIED - GOOGLE CHROME, FIREFOX several versions, IE, AOL AND SAFARI. YES HAVE TRIED USING BUILT IN BUILT IN PRINTER FUNCTION - PRINTS HUGE WITH ALL HEADERS COLOR GRAPHICS AND IS NOT PRACTICAL AND COMPLETELY OVERRIDES THE POINT OF HAVING A PRINT FORM BUTTON, NOT ACCEPTABLE SOLUTION.
- Have you tried printing page 3 only? YES IT PRINTS FROM SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS AND ON
- allanftdAnswered on May 27, 2011 at 02:06 PM
Thank you, Lynn. We shall have our Tier 2 Support investigate this issue. Our apologies again for the trouble.