What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.

At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.

We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.


  • Profile Image

    Campaign form with unexpected low number of submissions

    Asked by parceiros on July 31, 2013 at 12:43 PM

    Hello,

    We have this campaign, where a JotForm can be accessed clicking on the blue circle 'Participa Ja', on the top right, or directly from this url:

    http://robbialac.pt/stucomartedesign/#/participa

    We can see from our Google Analytics that we had more then 3500 unique visits, 60,49 % of new visits.

    We were rather disappointed when we saw that just 5 users actually submited the form. Of course there could be other factors, but we can't find a strong reason to such a difference!

    Could you please tell me if you have any logs of errors, both from the the client side validation and from the server, when receiving submissions ? (there could be some sort of validation or type conflict that was unabling the users to successfully submit the form).

    Thank you!

    kind regards,

    Sérgio Pereira

    Page URL:
    http://robbialac.pt/stucomartedesign/#/participa

    Submissions JotForm analytics unique
  • Profile Image
    JotForm Support

    Answered by Welvin on July 31, 2013 at 01:17 PM

    Hi Sérgio,

    I couldn't find any error from our mail logs for the recipient email address from your form. I've check the form using three (3) browsers such Chrome, Firefox and IE, and I couldn't see any validation errors as well.

    In order to prevent conflicts, we suggest embedding a form using our iFrame Method: How to Get Form iFrame Codes. I guess you have it already.

    Could be related to the user who aren't aware of the button? You may consider adding a note to click the button if they want to participate.

    Thanks

  • Profile Image

    Answered by parceiros on August 01, 2013 at 06:34 AM

    Hi,

    The form is embedded in an iFrame as you suggest. That might be the best way, although it unables me to add my own analytics to it.

    From my analytics, there were 858 accesses to the form (clicking on the button). How just 5 actually submited the form?

    Don't you log JavaScript errors, or unsuccessful form validations?

    Thanks

  • Profile Image
    JotForm Support

    Answered by KadeJM on August 01, 2013 at 10:16 AM

    Hi, I've also taken a second look at your form. I could see that it is live and displaying as it should. I could also additionally only see that there are 7 Submissions at the moment but I see that you mentioned Google Analytics displayed that you had several hundred accesses to your form. Unfortunately, this is something we do not have any control over. If that was the case then there would be no need for using Google Analytics on your forms as we would already have had something similar to do the same thing and we'd be able to tell you right off the bat what is happening.

    Google Analytics is mainly there to show an assessment and interaction which maps out the demographics for your forms on your website. The problem with this though is that this data which is collected isn't always as accurate as it seems since there is a high chance that some of the traffic could be faked by spambots or hackers and others using hidden or ip-changing softwares and other various programs which can still throw off the data causing a surge in it. At this point I would highly suggest that you may want to do some digging to find out what's going inside your Google Analytics by checking the traffic and form access visits to figure out more.

    You can refer to this article http://davebuesing.com/google-analytics-spam-traffic-bots/ for more detailed information. 

  • Profile Image

    Answered by parceiros on August 01, 2013 at 01:21 PM

    I can add Google Analytics to the page, but not to the form controls themselves because it is within an iframe.

    From Google Analytics, only 35% were direct accesses, the other 65% being from Facebook and sites where we've advertised the campaign.

  • Profile Image
    JotForm Support

    Answered by Mike_T on August 01, 2013 at 02:57 PM

    I have checked your web page through different browsers, but I was not able to find any issue. Form is loading without any issues, and validation seems to be fine.

    I have also submitted the form without any problems.

    Can you add some contact email to the page to see if users are having any issues?