- aprylsAsked on June 08, 2010 at 12:38 PMI just realized that in the Excel spreadsheet, the Name and Address 'Quick Tools' add the full name in to one field (rather than first in one and last in another) and the address all in to one field (rather than separating out street address, city, state, zip). It would be more useful, particulary if importing the data in to another database, if they could be separated out. I can go back to just adding in my own fields for first name, last name, street address, etc. but it seems like this is something that could benefit others if you could change how it imports.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on June 09, 2010 at 02:30 AMI see what you mean. I added this to our suggestions list. I agree with you on this. We need to have the name and address questions split in multiple questions.
- aprylsAnswered on June 09, 2010 at 10:18 AMThank you! Can you notify when this has been updated?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on June 09, 2010 at 10:21 AMSure. I will let you know when this is fixed.
- stonehillcollegeAnswered on July 09, 2010 at 08:26 AM
Has this been updated? If not, is there a timeline in place for it to happen?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on July 12, 2010 at 10:52 AM
This is still in our todo list. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of items like this so I can't say when this can be completed.
- doogiebAnswered on August 11, 2010 at 06:02 PM
This is a serious problem for me, too. I have just rolled out a major data collection project not knowing that name fields and address fields would combine in output. I must import this to a database atomically. Do you have no fix for this? This disadvantage needs to be expressed to the users.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on August 12, 2010 at 05:18 AM
It is actually scheduled to be done next week. We have some new improvements coming for the reports and this is also in the list.
- doogiebAnswered on August 12, 2010 at 12:11 PM
That's great news. Do you expect that this will affect records already collected?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on August 13, 2010 at 07:39 AM
Certainly. The data is already saved separately on the database. So, changing the report format will change all future reports you get.
- doogiebAnswered on August 13, 2010 at 11:08 AM
That's the best news yet! Thank you all for your hard work on a superior project. This service has been invaluable to our organization and will continue to be something I will strongly recommend to others. I look forward to your new feature roll-out.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on August 31, 2010 at 10:55 AM
Update: This is released. You can read more details about it here: