- highvelocity100Asked on May 12, 2011 at 04:36 PM
Can you try to place this jpeg file on my Corporate Event 8X10 order Form?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 12, 2011 at 06:27 PM
That particular jpeg file was uploaded by you for a couple of times.
To insert your image:
1. Click the Image field under the Power Tools section
2. In the Image Wizard, select "Choose from Existing Images" then click Next
3. Select your image then click Use Selected Image
Anyway, I have already inserted the images into your form. You may re-arrange its position to fit your needs.
- highvelocity100Answered on May 12, 2011 at 07:23 PMNeil,
I have revised the graphic several times, that may be why I cant get
it to load. Can you clean out the images that are stored so that I
can start fresh?
- highvelocity100Answered on May 12, 2011 at 07:25 PMI have an updated version of that jpeg that I cannot upload
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 12, 2011 at 08:06 PM
I don't understand why you couldn't upload the new image. This could be a problem with your browser or your internet connection. You may try restarting your connection or clearing your browser's cache.
To clear your browser's cache, press Ctrl+Alt+E or go to Edit > Empty Cache
Anyway, I went out of my way and uploaded the photo that you have attached to this thread. Please take a look at your form now. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on May 12, 2011 at 08:06 PM
I couldn't find a way to delete the pre-existing images but I replaced the image you had with the one requested. Please check your form and let us know if it's okay now.
EDIT: Hmm... Well it looks like both of us replaced your photo! LOL Anyway, all's well that ends well.
- highvelocity100Answered on May 12, 2011 at 08:41 PMThank you!
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 12, 2011 at 08:43 PM
You're welcome, Greg. We are glad to be of help.
@abajan sure looks like it :)