- bhanukaranAsked on August 07, 2013 at 02:30 AM
I have a form and i want to deactivate the "upload the photo" field after the user uploads the picture. We want to have this feature as just in-case if the user tries to change his picture entry, he should not be able to do it.
The contest that we are running allows users to enter only once. Can this work in jotform where at the individual user level user is restricted to upload the picture only once.
- bhanukaranAnswered on August 07, 2013 at 04:12 AM
Can you please reply me on this. This is slightly urgent at our end. As i am stuck with a campaign.
- pinoytechAnswered on August 07, 2013 at 07:05 AM
To prevent users to submit more than one entry/submission, you need to set Unique Submission. Please take a look at this article for more detailed information: http://www.jotform.me/help/64-How-to-Set-Unique-Submissions-on-a-Form
If you need further assistance, please let us know.
- bhanukaranAnswered on August 12, 2013 at 03:26 AM
Unfortunately, I tried this option but it does not serve my purpose.
I am writing again what exactly would be my requirement.
There is a form with show-hide condition.
Name, Email id & multiple choice questions.
There are 2 rounds in the contest. In the first round I will only ask users to share their email id, name, & answer multiple choice questions.
After that user gets a submission confirmation with the edit link.
Then the second round starts where this time we will inform only selected users to edit their link and attach a picture to an already pre-populated entry and this time it will the same form but the "upload a photo' field will be activated or visible with previously populated text entry.
In this round, we want users to upload the entry only once. Which means if the user wants to change the picture entry using the same edit link, he should not be allowed. But, this should be only at the individual user level.
Can we do this in jotform. Please guide.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 12, 2013 at 03:12 PM
There is always a smart way to accomplish the desired functions. Here's a sample form: http://www.jotform.co/form/32235507453854
2. Allow them to fill up the form and submit without the URL Parameter: http://www.jotform.co/form/32235507453854
3. You should receive an email containing the Edit Function. If you'd like them to edit their submissions and allow them to submit a file or an image, use the URL Parameter: http://submit.jotform.co/form.php?formID=32235507453854s&sid=242143314341436846&mode=edit?showupload=yes. They should be able to see the submit button. If they upload a file, the Upload button will automatically hide.
This should work for you. If you need any further details. Let me know.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 12, 2013 at 03:14 PM
I think the explanation is a bit too short. I will come back to you later for the whole detailed explanation. You can cloned the form and see how I've made it. Here's a guide: How to Clone a Form.
- bhanukaranAnswered on August 12, 2013 at 04:03 PM
Thanks, I will await for your detailed explanation. It would be great if you can share it by tomorrow.
Meanwhile, I will try this logic at my end.