- kimwallackAsked on May 14, 2011 at 11:47 PM
It's very important that my visitors be able to choose more than one city in my drop down menus. Could you please tell me how I can achieve this? If I am not able to achieve this, my form will be too overwhelming and long for the people filling out the form. Any suggestions?
- kimwallackAnswered on May 15, 2011 at 02:16 PMHi, thank you for your reply. Now I have another problem. I redid some of
the drop down menus. I made them into check boxes. When I just tried my
form, the checked boxes did not submit to my email. Could you please let me
know why? Thanks for any input.
- allanftdAnswered on May 15, 2011 at 02:32 PM
I'm pretty sure you did this, but can you please confirm that you have saved the changes you made on your form before you retested it?
Another thing that I would recommend for you to check is your email notification template. Please make sure that it includes the input holder for the new check boxes you added.
We hope you find these tips helpful. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you for using JotForm!
- kimwallackAnswered on May 15, 2011 at 02:59 PMThank you so much. I deleted the email and redid it and now it works.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on May 16, 2011 at 04:49 AM
It is usually not a good idea to use Dropdown fields to get multiple selections, but it is possible: On the form builder, click on the dropdown question, you will see that the icons on the top toolbar will change. You should see a "Size" icon. Click on that and change the size to something like "5". Then users can choose multiple options from the dropdown by clicking on Ctrl key and clicking on options.
However, in my opinion checkboxes are easier to use for people who fill the forms. Many users don't know they can click on Ctrl and select multiple options.