- teplowjoeAsked on August 15, 2013 at 12:04 AM
We are receiving an error message saying that the 'plan already exists' when trying to sign up to our site that we are using jotform and stripe for.
/www/v3/builds/08dcfdca8e12338ee379f9e94fb394f88ffb280b/lib/classes/Payments/Stripe/Stripe/ApiRequestor.php Line: 114
It seems that instead of adding new forms as a 'subscriber' it is instead trying to add them as a 'plan', which already exists from a previous signup. Is there any solution to this?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on August 15, 2013 at 01:37 AM
Before we can submit this to our dev team, can you please provide a snapshot on the error? The provided text error seems common on "credit card invalid error" so it would help us if you could provide screenshot. You may upload the snapshot image here [Upload].
I couldn't replicate this on my test stripe but it may be different on the live stripe. If you could also give us more details on how to replicate this problem, we'd appreciate it.
We'll await your reply. Thank you!
- MobileonixAnswered on February 28, 2014 at 04:05 PM
Hi Guys did you ever find a solution to this as I am encountering same issue over and over again
- teplowjoeAnswered on February 28, 2014 at 04:10 PMNo...We switched to moonclerk.Seems that recurring plans don't work on jotform
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on February 28, 2014 at 05:05 PM
We apologize if took this long to resolve.
Please try removing all currency symbols from your product descriptions as shown below - you can replace them with text like 'cents' or 'dollars' - it aught to work.
Please let us know.