- lesliejchanAsked on May 15, 2011 at 11:51 AM
I sent in a questions earlier concerning the need for a calendar option in my delivery details form. Since my last email, I have seen that there is a calendar function and have implemented. However, I have noticed a few things.
1. I have copied the source code into my Shopify website in order to format the form to fit better with the look and feel of my website. However, in doing this I have lost the functionality of calendar in terms of it being abe to select dates and populate the fields automatically. Now the calendar opens and is merely for reference. Can this be fixed?
2. I have also set the properties to automatically update the calendar to the current date, but I think it is based on US time, and I am based in Hong Kong and need the date to refresh on Hong Kong time. Is this possible?
3. Is there anyway that the calendar can be conditional based on delivery options that I set in fields before it. For instance, if a person wants next day delivery, and I put that as an option in the drop down menu before the calendar, can the calendar recognize what the next day is and populate the field automatically?
- allanftdAnswered on May 15, 2011 at 02:23 PM
Thank you for your posting your questions here. Please see our response for each question below:
1. May we ask for the website URL where you have embedded your form? If possible and if you haven't tried it yet, please use the Iframe embed code of your form. You can choose it from the Embed Form Wizard.
2. The Default Time function works perfectly for me when I tested it. Once the Default Time button is set to "on," it will show the accessing computer's current date and time.
3. Unfortunetely, the function you described is not possible at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We hope you find my answers helpful. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you for using JotForm!