- nuchielagaAsked on August 19, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I am submitting payments using the STRIPE integration with a form I created. After the payment is submitted, I checked STRIPE and the payment was successful but my customers get the following error message causing them to submit payment twice and receive the same error message.
See attached image.
As part of this payment problem, I also don't get any form submissions on my JotForm dashboard so the information the clients enter does not get saved anywhere.
Please help urgent! i have an event this weekend and I'm hoping it will work.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on August 20, 2013 at 06:00 AM
Can you please try checking if the API keys you provided during configuration in the payment wizard are valid and correct. Check also if there are trailing white spaces after the keys/number
Then, retest by submitting the form.
Inform us if the issue persist.
- nuchielagaAnswered on August 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Ok I see several issues here:
1. I checked that there were no spaces. I even generated new API keys in STRIPE to make sure that it is not the issue. I did my test in LIVE environment since the TEST environement seems to give me errors using the test credit card number, says expiration date invalid. I keep gettign the same "Invalid Positive Integer" error.
2. I changed the amount on the form so that I would not get billed a high amount (since I'm in LIVE environment) from $9.99 to $1.50. The charge went through and it charged me the old amount even though the form seemed to have updated successfully. So I guess the change didn't go through on the backend integration?
3. I have a monthly charge and I add an "initial" fee to be added to the first payment. I noticed that the transaction charges whatever amount you put on monthly charge field, but if ignores what you put on the "initial payment" field.
Look forward to your reply!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 20, 2013 at 02:36 PM
Good day! I've clone your form, use my Test API Keys, and I am able to replicate the error. I guess it has to do with the amount of your subscription. I guess that's part of the Stripe API Limits.
I've created a form and increases the amount to more than 10$ and it works well without any problems. The subscription won't work below 10$. What I could suggest is to change the amount or if you need this amount, use another payment method such as Paypal.
Test Form: http://www.jotformpro.com/form/32315671011946 (Using Test API Keys)
Clear your forms cache to see the changes within the form: How to Clear your Form Cache
- JotForm SupportkennethAnswered on October 15, 2013 at 11:32 AM
It appears that it happens on subscription type of payments. I have made some changes on this, "First Payments" should now works.
Wheter its lower or higher than the Original price, if you set "First Payments" user will get charge on the first month only(the amount you specified) - I think thats the original functionality. no?
Anyway, if you face anymore problems please let us know.