- GAsked on August 26, 2013 at 01:53 PM
Where are your servers located? Specifically, what country is the data stored?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 26, 2013 at 02:32 PM
Good day! Please check below screenshot of our server locations:
- GAnswered on August 26, 2013 at 03:11 PMIt wouldn’t allow me to post a response to your answer. I would press the post button and it would sit there with please wait. Tried on a few different computer and browsers. Anyway, back to the post:
This doesn't answer my question I think. Or maybe I just need some further clarification. When I log into JotForm.com and view the form submissions, which country is the data (and the file uploads) being stored?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on August 26, 2013 at 04:45 PM
This article should also help on what you were looking for.
To be specific, uploaded files are located in s3.amazonaws.com server.
When you login to jotform.com, the domain(those list provided by Welvin initially) that will be used will be the one in your location or the nearest one. This is because the network is using CDN (Content Delivery Network) which automatically re route for delivery performance purposes.
For example, if you are from the Asia region, when you login to jotform.com, it will be connected to jotform.me.
Use this link if you have further question http://www.jotform.com/contact/
Hope this clarify the matter. Inform us if still not.
- GAnswered on August 26, 2013 at 05:02 PMHi Jonathan,
I think we are getting closer but I need to know if all the data (both file uploads and form submissions) will be stored inside the US regardless of where I login from or where my clients enter their data from. For example, I could log in from Africa, create a new form and then have a client from Asia fill out and submit that form. We need to know if the data that JotForm stores is in the US regardless of where I login from and where my client enters data from.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on August 26, 2013 at 06:31 PM
"I need to know if all the data (both file uploads and form submissions) will be stored inside the US regardless of where I login from or where my clients enter their data from.."
I believe it will be in US.
Please understand that there can never be a server for each region mentioned(that can be expensive and difficult to manage).
To my knowledge, there are only a number of centralize servers to serve the regions.
Hope this answers it finally.