What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Sub-account forms available to master account?Asked by SMUJotForm on August 28, 2013 at 01:18 PM
We have set up a master account for our university.
We want to have sub-accounts (for each of our departments) attached to the master account that can create their own forms AND have all those forms be seen by the master account.
Is this possible?
Forms created in sub account won't be accessible to the master account. Forms should first be created in the master account and then shared with the sub account.
When forms are shared by master account, you can restrict the access as:
1. Edit forms - Sub account will be able to edit the forms shared with them.
2. View submission - Sub account will be able to view submissions of the forms shared with them
What not possible:
1. Master account user will not be able to access the forms created by sub account.
2. Sub account user will not be able to access the forms of other sub account created by same master account.
Here is the guide which should help you: http://www.jotform.com/help/232-How-to-Share-Forms-with-a-Sub-Account-User
Hope this helps.
We were able to share the forms with the master account. Once we set up the sub account, my sub account user sees my master account as a folder. As soon as he moved the form into the folder I was able to see and edit the form. We'll have to test this with multiple sub-accounts, but according to aytekin's response in this post: http://www.jotform.com/answers/182753-Feature-Requests-Master-should-see-what-sub-user-creates-shared-folders-should-inheretly-share-all-files-added-to-them,
it looks like it is already do-able to some extent. We will continue to test.
Yes, your setup should be completely fine.
This will be something like this:
- Create a folder for the department.
- Add a Sub Account to the folder with enabled 'View Submission' and 'Edit Form' permissions.
- Created forms under mentioned folder will be accessible for both Sub Account and Master Account.