- OrchardCorsetContactAsked on August 28, 2013 at 01:44 PM
I am developing a plugin for eCommerce websites that uses JotForm to collect data, I need several fields hidden to the end user, but required so that if my script fails to input data the user gets an error and doesnt just believe it was sucsessful.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 28, 2013 at 04:33 PM
How about using a Text Box field and set the properties of this text box as "read only"? This should work for your purpose, I guess.
- pinoytechAnswered on August 28, 2013 at 06:13 PM
For some reason, your response came out empty. Can you please post it again using this link? http://www.jotform.com/answers/261435
- OrchardCorsetContactAnswered on August 28, 2013 at 06:50 PM
Hi Welvin, thanks for the reply. I don't want the customer to see the data as it would be rather confusing to the user. I am sure making a script to make them reqaured or at least give an error if they arent filled in, but I was hoping for native fuctionality to keep it as tight knit as possible.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 28, 2013 at 07:43 PM
You can inject a custom CSS codes to the form that would hide that fields. Even if you hide the fields, that would still capture or would work the way you want it to be.
Anyway, I'm still finding a way to set hidden fields as required. I'm not able to see a possible solution as of this moment. I'll do my best.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 28, 2013 at 07:47 PM
Here's an example form: http://www.jotformpro.com/form/32397351643962. A Text Box fields are set as required and hidden using Custom CSS codes injected to the form. You can't submit the form.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on April 05, 2015 at 02:06 PM
Your query is moved to a separate thread and shall be addressed there shortly.