- AlzbetaAsked on August 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I want to make a hotel reservation form for a hotel. How do I connect the form (check in, check out date, No.of adults, No.of children, Submit buttons) with the availability calendar so after entering dates it shows availability?Thank you
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Create Your First Web Form
- EliezerNAnswered on August 29, 2013 at 01:34 PM
Thanks for contacting us.
Currently we have a large list of form tamplates where you can choose the form that satisfies your needs. You can search by categories. We have a Booking category where you can easily find what you are looking for. However, in regards to the function to show the availability after entering the date, it would require to edit the source code of the form by implementing some extra script so that it can be accomplished.
I would suggest you to start creating your form adding it the basic things and then get back to us requesting this feature and giving the URL of the form so that we can get the code to work on it.
Please let us know if you have further question about this.
- Royal14everAnswered on July 23, 2017 at 05:15 AM
So, basically, this question just went completely unanswered???
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on July 23, 2017 at 05:46 AM
Actually, it is ElizerN's response which is the answer to this thread. He was once part of the support staff here. Also, this thread is an old one. There has been many changes on the form builder for the past 4-years. Widgets were built to be part of the form builder a year after the response to this thread was made.
Now, you can probably make use of a Date reservation widget together with other fields in order to fulfill this booking form.
Is there a specific issue that you have on your form?
- Royal14everAnswered on July 23, 2017 at 06:43 AMYes. I want to know if jotform can connect to an accommodations channel manager (XML) to show their current availability. Therefore, I don't have to constantly return to jotform to update my availability. It already knows my rates and availability because it's automatically getting the information from the property.
Thank you in advance
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on July 23, 2017 at 08:16 AM
Thanks for your response, Royal14ever. However it seems that there requires a lot of details on your form that you are trying to create. So I have moved it on to a new thread so we can further discuss the issue. We'll give you a response on this link in a short while.