- vrsiofficeAsked on September 01, 2013 at 11:01 PM
You have added the date format yyyy/mm/dd to the Jotform form creation, which is great. Thank you.
The reason I requested this format added was to allow reports to sort correctly by date. (If a table or grid reports sorts by mm/dd/yyyy it does not sort in the correct date order, all months sort together regardless of the year.)
However it seems that the change you implemented to the report creation has not carried over to the reports. Grid & table reports are not picking up the new date format. They are still sorting with the date format mm/dd/yyyy.
I have created new reports, but I get the same result.
Example see: http://www.ncsathletics.org/scores.htm
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 02, 2013 at 05:44 AM
Good day! Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to set date format when creating grid reports. Let me add this thread to our Feature Request List. However, I cannot assure you anything about this request. You should be notified if something like this will be added.
While waiting, you may consider this workaround:
1. Add the DateTime Field into your form, be sure that "Default Time/Date" is ON
2. Set the field Format as YYYY/MM/DD, see screenshot:
3. Hide this field using Custom CSS codes that will be injected to the form
Example output form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/32442494832961?
Example Grid Report output: https://www.jotform.com/grid/32442441957052
This should work for you. You may have to use another form to apply this workaround.
- vrsiofficeAnswered on September 02, 2013 at 09:05 PMI am not sure what you mean by “Hide this field using Custom CSS codes that will be injected to the form”. I do want date info to show on Grid report.
- vrsiofficeAnswered on September 02, 2013 at 09:18 PMI figured it out. I had to go into the submissions section and re-submit all the entry to get the new date format to show in the grid and table reports.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 02, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Glad that you have it sorted. Let us know if you need any further assistance for this function.