- MarketingandSalesAsked on September 05, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Is there a way to set a start and end date? The only method I can find as of right now is to disable the form until start date then add the end date as a form limit through preferences. I am looking for a way to do a start date so I do not have to manually enable the form on the day we go live. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 05, 2013 at 11:33 AM
I believe there may be a way to accomplish this. Let me try something and get back to you.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 05, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Please have a look at this form. Of course, there's no form to see but that's the point! However, once its start date (2013-09-09) has arrived, it will be displayed. In a nutshell, here's what was done:
1. A date/time field was added to the form
2. That field was hidden from view via injected CSS
3. A condition was created to hide all elements of the form but the message you saw until the start date arrives. Once the start date arrives, that same condition will show all of the form but the message. (The date/time field upon which the condition depends will always be hidden, due to the CSS)
To better understand what I did, clone the form and have a look at its injected CSS and condition.
If you would like clarification on anything, please let us know.
- MarketingandSalesAnswered on September 05, 2013 at 04:46 PM
Too complicated for such a simple action. :/
I will just manually enable the form on the start date.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 05, 2013 at 05:49 PM
Yes, I quite agree that it's a bit much to do just to set a date on which a form will be automatically enabled. As such, I've submitted a ticket requesting that an Activation Date option be added to the Form Limits tab of the preferences.
Do let us know if you need further assistance.
- KerriOutFood544Answered on February 18, 2014 at 04:21 PM
Any luck with the ticket requesting an activation date?
- CesarAnswered on February 18, 2014 at 04:30 PM
This feature request ticket is still open by our Dev Team. Once the Development Team has any updates on this, they will surely let us know through this thread. Thank you.
- CharlieAnswered on December 26, 2014 at 09:07 PM
To better assist you, we keep one topic per thread, although I see that you would just like to have an update on this, I've opened a separate thread for you so that we can count your vote for this specific feature request. Please refer to this thread for an update: http://www.jotform.com/answers/482561.