- rbirrigationAsked on May 20, 2011 at 11:07 AM
I want a field labeled Payment Amount that accepts dollar amounts as values.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on May 20, 2011 at 10:28 PM
If I "read between the lines" of your question correctly, you want to have entries in such a field automatically prepended with a dollar sign. Better yet, also have the decimal point inserted automatically. So, if a user types 57683, it would be automatically converted to $576.83.
Unfortunately, although this can be done quite easily Excel by formatting cells as currency and doing this, to my knowledge, there's no easy way to accomplish this functionality in our forms.
However, you might find the following workaround suitable to your requirements:
1. Load the form in question into the form builder and click "Purchase Order" in the "Payment Tools" menu
2. When the "Payment Wizard: Account Information" window loads, choose your preferred currency and click "Next"
3. In the "Payment Options" section, select "Users can choose only one product" and "Collect Donations" and click "Next"
4. Type something like "Example: 503.93" into the "Donation Text" box
5. Click "Next" and "Finish"
6. Click the "My Products" text and edit it to "Payment Amount:"
7. Save your changes
Here's how such a field in a form would look if "US Currency" were chosen in the "Account Information" section of the payment wizard:
Hopefully this is an acceptable solution for your purposes. If it isn't, perhaps we can figure out something else.