- jonguntherAsked on September 07, 2013 at 09:27 AM
I have an account with Authorize.net and everytime I set up a form I get "This account has not been given the permission(s) required for this request." Just exactly what does this mean?Page URL:
- KadeJMAnswered on September 07, 2013 at 03:11 PM
Hi jongunther, It sounds to me like you are probably getting an Error 123 which states that when this happens. What it basically means is that you have not integrated with the form and your authorize.net credientials (api and transaction keys) correctly.
I checked your website but I didn't see a form listed on it anywhere so I looked at an associated form ( https://www.jotform.com/32490534392152 ) I found on your thread here and found that it looks like you will still need to add Authorize.Net.
How to Fix it:
(1) Go back into your Form and Add an Authorize.Net Payment Tool to Integrate with then Click it or drag it over to your FormBuilder Canvas.
(2) Now it will open up the Authorize.Net Window to connect your Account to the Form's Payment Tool (IE - Payment Integration Wizard). Here you'll then need to go over to the Authorize.Net Website and Log into your Merchant Account. You will then need to click on Settings in the main left side menu. Then click on API Login and Transaction Key. If an API login ID has already been generated then you'll be able to see it listed there already. But if an API Login ID needs to be generated then you'll want to enter the answer to your Secret Question in order to see the API Login ID to then generate one.
(3) Once you have your API Login and Transaction Key in hand come back over to your Authorize.Net Integration Wizard on your Form and add the credentials as necessary. You can then add Product(s) to sell via your Form.
You will then additionally need to input your products and further configure your form with how you want to sell it, quantity, custom details, and even offer a coupon if you like. Make sure you click " Next " and fill out each section accordingly to meet your needs followed by clicking on " Finish " and then double-check just to make sure your form is saved afterwards. Then you are ready to go!
This is what the Live View of Authorize.Net will be and how it will look on your Form.
Resource for Info about your Error:
You can refer to this link http://support.authorize.net/authkb/index?page=content&id=A598&actp=LIST for further details and a more in-depth explaination about the Error you originally were getting involving no permission.