- donna_esteyAsked on September 07, 2013 at 01:35 PM
The form on JotForm URL is http://form.jotform.us/form/32494880797169
The website url is http://best4today.org/taks_tests
The form in question is called the (on website) 9 TAKS READING ANSWER SHEET
On the JotForm site it is called: 7 - BETTER EDUCATION SYSTEM 4 TODAY, INC. TAKS 9 READING FORM
I haven't added it to the website yet. I always do test submissions before adding. It hasn't happened to any of the other 35 plus forms that I have created and KEPT. (I think I'm getting the hang of this. :)
Also, why is the test area answers showing as one long line instead of in a paragraph?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 07, 2013 at 04:25 PM
Can you please describe to us how you came up with this PDF file in your form submission?
Are you trying to PRINT the submission?
When I test submitted your form http://form.jotform.us/form/32495341021142 I was directed to the Thank You page instead
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 07, 2013 at 04:32 PM
I downloaded the submissions PDF file and it is not shrunk similar to your screenshot.
Upon further checking(of your screenshot), I noticed that your PDF Reader was zoomed out to 65% -- could it be this is the reason your view is shrunken.
- donna_esteyAnswered on September 08, 2013 at 08:53 PMI had zoomed it to around 165% and it still showed like that.
- donna_esteyAnswered on September 08, 2013 at 08:57 PMI used the Windows 7 snipping tool to snag it.
Shouldn't the Thank You page come up after they submit the form? After doing my test submission, I went to the submissions page (my forms then clicked submissions) and then clicked on "get PDF." This is how it came up.
- donna_esteyAnswered on September 08, 2013 at 09:00 PMI test submitted 3 different times and got this every time. I had to change the zoom to 800% to be able to see it normally as I mentioned in my question to you, so I'm not sure what it showed 65% on the screen shot.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 08, 2013 at 09:17 PM
I believed this just on your PDF Reader.
I also downloaded one submission from your form using the GET PDF tool
This is still what I have
Can you try other PDF reader? I only used Chrome browser.
You can also try using Firefox browser. I just tried and it also work fine.
- donna_esteyAnswered on September 08, 2013 at 09:24 PMI am using the Firefox browser. That is the only form that this happened with. All of the others, before and after, worked correctly with the PDF print. Oh well, maybe it was just a temporary glitch.
Thank you for your time. As I've said before, I appreciate that every tech that I've had contact with has been patient and helpful.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 08, 2013 at 09:41 PM
Thank you for updating us.
You maybe right also, that it could be a temporary glitch that could have caused that one PDF download to have such anomally. Perhaps you can try downloading that one submission again, and see if it still is happening.
Please feel free to contact us again anytime for any assistance needed.