- ebizzAsked on September 13, 2013 at 11:32 AM
From one form (http://www.jotform.com/form/10194142400) we didn't get the 13 last notifications since yesterday. Our other forms seem not to have this problem.
This isn't the first time. Last time when it happened, we changed the "Sender Email" into noreply@jotform .com and added the submitter's email address in the "Reply-to Email". Now this trick seems not to work anymore.
Please advise asap how to solve this issue quick and easy.
- khrisellAnswered on September 13, 2013 at 01:37 PM
I have checked your email and it is not in the bounce list.
May I know which form are you not receiving notifications from so that I can further check as I can see that you have several forms under your account.
Have you checked your spam folder?
Because, there are instances that some emails with similar contents may get tagged as spam by email service providers. If it is not there kindly let us know.
Thank you for using JotForm
- ebizzAnswered on September 15, 2013 at 04:49 AM
Sorry, forgot to include the form link : http://www.jotform.com/form/10194142400
And no, it's not in my spam folder.
Thanks for your followup and assistance.
- jedcadornaAnswered on September 15, 2013 at 05:46 AM
I'm not sure if this is the email you used in your email notification but when I checked our bounce list it is included in the list. I have removed it from our bounce list. Please confirm if you are still having issue receiving emails.
Reason(s) : 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.0 <000001410d183799-c8958701-6037-47= firstname.lastname@example.org> sender rejected. IB504'
- ebizzAnswered on September 15, 2013 at 06:26 AM
Yes this is the email address. I received my test sutbmit. So, it seems like you put the finger on the spot.
Thanks for your fast intervention and solving the issue.
But still wondering :
1) Can we now change the noreply@jotform .com from our "Sender Email" back to the submitter's real email address ?
2) how an email address that is being used since many years, suddenly got in your bounce list.
- jedcadornaAnswered on September 15, 2013 at 06:42 AM
The better way to understand SMTP error codes is through this article. Please take a look at error 550 section you will see several cause of bounce issue. In this article it is explained why such email got an error like that.
To avoid future issues I recommend using email@example.com but again you can still use "Sender Email" if you prefer to.
- ebizzAnswered on September 16, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Thanks for your advices.
The article that you sent could be interesting... but I'm not such an expert in these things. I hope I'll never need it. Would take me weeks to read & understand. :-)