- branndonAsked on September 18, 2013 at 05:02 PM
By clicking the go back button, I went to a blank screen since the form was my staring page.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on September 18, 2013 at 05:32 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
Could you please provide us with the page URL with your embedded lightbox form?
We would like to test this, in order to provide some solution to you.
- branndonAnswered on September 18, 2013 at 05:47 PM
[Link removed] click the tab that says Childrens Entry Form
- CesarAnswered on September 18, 2013 at 07:40 PM
Hello, I'm not able to replicate the issue as when I click on the Next button nothing happens. I'm not to sure if its due to recenet changes that might have been done to your form. From my understanding though the back button that the user should be clicking on is the one on the bottom left corner of your form.
Kindly let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.
- branndonAnswered on September 19, 2013 at 06:41 PM
Thanks Cesar. something has changed, but not on our end. Either way it works great now. Before it would let us navigate to the next form page, even if fields were blank, now it won't let us. That's good, thanks again.
- CesarAnswered on September 19, 2013 at 06:47 PM
It is great to hear it is working properly, If you need further assitance, do let us know. Thank you.
- JessrkAnswered on January 06, 2014 at 04:39 AM
Hi there... the same thing is happening to me on my form.
If you are missing a required entry, it tells you to "go back" and then you're directed back to whatever page I was on just before getting to the below page.
Can you please help ASAP?Thanks!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 06, 2014 at 08:26 AM
We will be able to assist you properly if you create a separate new thread about your concern.
Please use this link http://www.jotform.com/contact/
Provide as much detail as you can.
We willa attend to your post as soon as we can.
- JotForm SupportkennethAnswered on January 08, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Hi, just want to let you know that this should be fixed now.
Please let us know if you still experiencing the same problem.
- JessrkAnswered on January 08, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Wait... was it a problem on YOUR end? Because, I would much prefer to use the dreamweaver code (because I like the way it looks better) if that was the case.
Please explain how things have changed :)
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 08, 2014 at 01:31 PM
Just a small issue on going back to the form to correct user entries. This is already fixed by our developers. If you have any further concerns, kindly open your own thread using this link: http://www.jotform.com/contact.
- JessrkAnswered on January 08, 2014 at 01:38 PM
Just tested and it works! YEEE HAWWW