- dcainedwrAsked on September 23, 2013 at 06:26 PM
I have set a rule on the following form:
Here's the poinnt:
For the question "DID THE CLIENT ATTEND ANY 12-STEP ,EETINGS TODAY?", there is a rule indicating that if the answer is YES, ONE MEETING, 3 specified fields will open... if the answer is YES, TWO MEETINGHS, 6 specified fields will open... if the answer is YES, THREE MEETINGS, 9 specified fields will open...
But in each case, only three fields open, no matter how the provider answers the question...
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 23, 2013 at 08:02 PM
I'll look into this and get back to you.
- pinoytechAnswered on September 23, 2013 at 08:17 PM
I've fixed the conditions of your form. Kindly take a look at it if I did it correctly or not: http://www.jotform.us/form/32654422483151
If you need further assistance, please let us know.
- dcainedwrAnswered on September 23, 2013 at 09:09 PMYes, thank you.
That work great.
What had I done wrong in the instructions?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 23, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Conditions can sometimes be tricky to configure correctly and I can't recall exactly how those in your form were setup but there are two things to bear in mind when creating conditions like these:
1. For each field to be shown, the question to ask oneself is, "Under what conditions do I want this field to be shown?". With this in mind, let's examine the relevant conditions:
Looking at Condition 3,
Question: When should the Meeting #1, Address - Meeting #1 and Meeting Name & Fellowship - Meeting #1 fields be shown?
Answer: When the Did Client attend any 12-Step Meeting during this 24-hour period? is equal to either ... ONE meeting ..., ... TWO meetings ... or THREE meetings ...
At the other extreme, you would only want the Meeting #3, Address - Meeting #3 and Meeting Name & Fellowship - Meeting #3 fields shown when the Did Client attend any 12-Step Meeting during this 24-hour period? is equal to ... THREE meetings ...
2. The other thing to bear in mind is that once a "Show" condition is attached to a field, it will be hidden under all other conditions. So, there's no need to create "Hide" conditions. (I think your form had unnecessary "Hide" conditions.)
If you need clarification on anything above, we'd be happy to explain further.