- linniedarlingAsked on September 25, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I'm busy. I've been working on a survey form over several weeks. I make sure it's saved before I close my browser and turn off my computer.
When I come back to it the next day or several days the form has reverted to an older version.
Yesterday I was almost done with the form and only needed the finishing touches. When I logged in this morning it was back to several versions ago.
How can I use your tool if it keeps doing this?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 25, 2013 at 02:28 PM
I'm sorry for the trouble caused to you. Form will not revert back to old version on its own and there has to be a reason.
Unfortunately, there is no possibility for us to restore your form to last state as we don't maintain the different versions of your form.
Here are a few things you should keep in mind to prevent this from happening again:
1. Always ensure the auto save feature is enabled. You can verify it by right clicking on your form:
2. Please be sure that you haven't logged in from some other location and kept the form open in form editor. As auto save is enabled, you will be changing your form at one location and while the other one will keep reverting it back.
3. If you are building a complex form, you should always clone your form after some major work and maintain different version of your form. This will also ensure that you have different backups of your form.