- ianloweAsked on September 26, 2013 at 08:16 AM
I would like to use the Event Registration Form for an upcoming event in our location but there seems to be no documentation on how to update the HTML code to put in an alternate map
- JotForm SupportguilledutraAnswered on September 26, 2013 at 09:09 AM
you can embed a google map inside your form in order to show the event location:
Hope it helps
please let us know if you need further assistance
- ianloweAnswered on September 26, 2013 at 09:43 AMThanks but when I tried to clone to be able to look at the html code I
get the message "Form Not Found" !!
- JotForm SupportguilledutraAnswered on September 26, 2013 at 09:51 AM
please check this link
- ianloweAnswered on September 26, 2013 at 10:46 AMThanks. I have followed the instructions on Goolge Maps User Guide and
pasted the Embed code into the form. Unfortunately when I preview it it
doesn't show a map initially, just the text ""View Larger Map£, which
when I click shows the main map.
Do I need to make other changes?
- ianloweAnswered on September 26, 2013 at 10:57 AMThis is the code I get when I copy from Google Maps but it's not the
same code format that you have in the form example.
/>target="_blank" href="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=embed&saddr=&daddr=37.032741,-7.822101&hl=en&geocode=&sll=37.031542,-7.820034&sspn=0.025249,0.035405&mra=mift&mrsp=1&sz=15&ie=UTF8&t=m&z=14" rel="nofollow noopener"
style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map
- JotForm SupportguilledutraAnswered on September 26, 2013 at 01:58 PM
this should be your correct Google Maps code
Copy and paste that code inside your html box.
It should work
- ianloweAnswered on September 26, 2013 at 03:57 PMFirstly, can I see how impressed I am with the speed of your response,
it's excellent, thank you very much.
Now, back to the issue. I copy your code here and paste it into the
Form. Nothing is different, the initial small map is not shown. When I
go into the html code that I have just pasted and saved, the iframe
section is missing. All that is saved is the following
- ianloweAnswered on September 26, 2013 at 05:00 PM
I have tried to enter a very basic iframe tag into form via the html editior and it will not save it as an iframe.
If I put text inbetween the iframe tags they are changed to <p> tags
- JotForm SupportguilledutraAnswered on September 26, 2013 at 09:07 PM
could you please check the modification I made to your form http://www.jotformeu.com/form/32684822411351
- ianloweAnswered on September 27, 2013 at 04:08 AMThat looks perfect, thanks.
I tried to clone it to look at the html code but it couldn't find the code.
What have you done to correct it?
- JotForm SupportguilledutraAnswered on September 27, 2013 at 08:25 AM
I made the change inside your own form, so it not neccesary to clone it, please check this image:
I copied the Iframe code direct to the HTML box using the Icon at the toolbar.
- ianloweAnswered on September 27, 2013 at 09:18 PMSorry, this is not correct.
My form is not working.
- CesarAnswered on September 28, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Hello, I tried logging to your form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/32683591523963. But I see that it has since been deleted. If you need further assistance, do let us know. Thank you.
- ianloweAnswered on September 28, 2013 at 07:15 AMSorry, yes and many thanks for your help.
- JotForm SupportguilledutraAnswered on September 28, 2013 at 09:10 AM
just to avoid further misunderstandings, could you share with us the link or the name of the form where the map should be shown?. I made a modification at one of your form but it seems that you deleted. also check my last answer where it shows how I put the map iframe code inside the html box using the toolbar.
- ianloweAnswered on September 28, 2013 at 09:31 AMThe loss of the last form was my fault. I didn't realise that you had
edited my form and I deleted mine thinking I would still have yours. It
was only when I re-read your reply that I understood what had happened.
When I fisrt tried to edit the html code I was clicking on the "Edit
HTML" button on the html element it self just by the "properties" button
and then clicking the hmtl button at the bottom of the form. next to the
"cleanup" paint brush. Here I was not able to input an iframe section.
I hadn't noticed the HTML edit button at the very top of the form until
you mentioned it and using that it works fine.
Thanks again for the help
- JotForm SupportguilledutraAnswered on September 28, 2013 at 09:38 AM
Glad to know that your form is working just as you need, I must admit that sometimes the HTML box is a bit tricky when trying to inject iframes inside it that why I advice the users on using the toolbar icon.
Please let us know if you need further assistance about it, or if you need help regarding to an other issue please open a new forum thread.
Thanks for using JorForm
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on June 02, 2014 at 01:41 PM
We have developed a widget for this very purpose - the Show Map Location Widget
Please try it out and share your experience with us.