- ayersworkAsked on September 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Just letting you know what I've already done - I've cleared my cache multiple times
However, getting my forms to come up is an on going problem - I have to spend lots of time,
going back and forth, and then the form doesn't show up.
It's taking way too much time - what needs to happen?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on September 26, 2013 at 01:35 PM
Upon checking your account, I didn't find any issue. All your forms with its direct link is working fine but four of your forms have expired as you have set the "Expiration Date".
Here are the list of form which has expired:
1. 2013 UNstoppable You in Business, Intensive
2. 2013 UNstoppable You in Business, Intensive Prelaunch
3. Special Provision - 2013 UNstoppable You in Business, Intensive
4. UNstoppable You Intensive, LLC: Release & Disclaimer
Here is a guide to understand how "Expiration Date" limit feature works: http://www.jotform.com/help/137-How-to-Limit-Submissions-in-a-Form
Please let us know if you are getting any error in form? If you have embed your form in any webpage, please do share the url.
We will wait to hear from you.
- ayersworkAnswered on September 26, 2013 at 02:58 PMHow do I change the expiration date to "no limit"
Mary Ayers, PhD
- JotForm SupportTashaAnswered on September 26, 2013 at 08:20 PM
To change the expiration date to No Limit you will need to open your form in Edit mode, select Preferences >Form Limits and enter the text No Limit in the Expiration Date field.