- JalaClothingAsked on October 04, 2013 at 01:25 AM
We have created a wholesale application form. If the person filling it out is in the state of CA they are required to submit a California Sellers Tax ID#. But if they are in another state its note required. We want this line to be required if they select CA for the business address. How do we do this?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on October 04, 2013 at 03:15 AM
That's very much possible to achieve. You can make the "Tax ID#" field as required and add conditions to show/hide this field based on the state selections.
If someone selected CA from the state, it will show the "Tax ID#" field. As this field is already set as required, it will become mandatory for users to fill in.
Here is a small demo form I created for you: http://form.jotform.co/form/32754675364867
Here are the steps to achieve this:
1. Add a dropdown to list states.
2. Add a textbox in your form and mark it required.
3. Add condition to show hide the textbox if the value of dropdown selection matches:
Here is a guide which should help you understand how show hide condition works: https://www.jotform.com/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic
Hope this helps.