- namhuanAsked on October 04, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1. Any of my forms that had Vietnamese title, like "Nộp bài tập Reading cá nhân và Bài dịch" experienced name error when their submissions were sent to Dropbox. In Dropbox, the folder name turned to "N%E1%BB%99p b%C3%A0i t%E1%BA%ADp Reading c%C3%A1 nh%C3%A2n v%C3%A0 B%C3%A0i d%E1%BB%8Bch".
Other Dropbox folders' name support Unicode, so please fix the encoding problems.
2. The names of uploaded files that I receives through my form, even if they don't contain any unicode character, experience error to. For example, "1_U01,03,04,05_dich.doc" becomes "11_U01%2C03%2C04%2C05_dich.doc". The comma in original filename becomes "%2C" in dropbox.
3. Could I have an option to omit the ID prefix in the filename after an uploaded file from a form is delivered to Dropbox? I would appreciate if the original filename can be preserved.
4. Could I have an option to not receive the "submission.pdf" file in my dropbox? I use the integrating feature only to receive the uploaded files from the submitter.Page URL:
- EliezerNAnswered on October 04, 2013 at 02:38 PM
Thanks for contacting us.
1. I cloned your form and built the integration wiht Dorpbox and I was able to reproduce the issue with the folder name:
2. I also uploaded a file with the name "1_U01,03,04,05_dich" and got the same error:
However, this is something that happens whenever a filename includes "commas", commas are not allowed in most filename systems. So that we could say this is something the system correct by default. You can find some useful information about that at this link: http://www.comentum.com/File-Systems-HFS-FAT-UFS.html
I have forwarded your concern to our next level support so that they can look for a solution to this bug. Once they find a solution for this bug you will be updated via this thread.
I would suggest you to open a new thread to make your last 2 questions, as they are different from the first 2. So in order to avoid any confusion and to give you the proper assistance we kindly ask you to open a new thread.
Thanks for using Jotform
- EliezerNAnswered on October 04, 2013 at 03:01 PM
Sorry for pointing this out again, but I need to make an important clarification I didn't do in my previous answer.
Your last two questions need to be posted in a new thread, but each one of them in a different thread. As you can see they are different from each other, so, we can't answer two different question in a single thread.
Thanks for your comprehension.
- namhuanAnswered on October 04, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Thanks EliezerN for your support. I have posted the last two questions in 2 new thread. Looking forward to seeing that those issues are fixed.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on November 05, 2013 at 01:08 AM
We apologize for this delayed update, namhuan.
I have now made some changes that should allow unicode characters for folders and files submitted to Dropbox. Feel free to try out the integration again.
If you encounter bugs or issues on this matter, please do let us know.
- ryclairAnswered on November 19, 2013 at 01:32 AM
Hi, I'm currently having the same issue as the original poster. Files uploaded to Dropbox via my Jotform form that contain commas still have the "%2" rather than the comma. It doesn't look like unicode characters for files uploaded to Dropbox via Jotform are being allowed. Can this please be corrected? Or just let me know what should be done to have it resolved. Thanks.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on November 19, 2013 at 02:29 AM
Please post your question to a separate thread so we can assist you better. Sorry but we cannot handle issues from different users on a single thread. Kindly open a new thread so we can attend to it and forward it to our developers if necessary.
Thank you for your understanding!