- RickGregoryAsked on October 05, 2013 at 07:24 PM
Testing the Contact Us form using IE v10, the browser displays "Please wait" indefinately when attempting to upload a file.
Using Firefox v24.0 on the same desktop, the form completes and the file is uploaded in a matter of seconds.
Using IE on a different system, ie, my laptop, which is using IEv8, the form uploads the file just as it does with Forefox - no issues.
Is there a possible problem with IEv10?
I rebooted the system using IE v10, without success. I have also selcted the following in Tools / Delete Browsing History:
Preserve Favorites website data
Temporary Internet Files and webiste files
Cookes and website data
This had no effect
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 05, 2013 at 08:38 PM
Have you tried embedding your form using iframe embed code? This might help: How to get your iFrame Embed Code
By the way, there's no embedded form on the test page you shared here. If it's ok, can you link the form again to that page so we can check it here?
We'll await your reply. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 05, 2013 at 08:49 PM
Found the form. :)
Anyway, here's the problem.
The "Validate Image" feature isn't yet functional on IE10. Please turn it off for now to avoid any problems. Let me also submit your thread to our developers so you will get updates once this is fixed.
- RickGregoryAnswered on October 05, 2013 at 09:18 PMI am using iFrame
The URL is http://creativewirewear.com/Test/index.html
Its uploaded. I’ve been testing it all day
- RickGregoryAnswered on October 05, 2013 at 09:18 PMGreat – thanks.
And this is an iFrame code
- RickGregoryAnswered on October 05, 2013 at 09:19 PMUmmm, I didn’t know I enabled this.
I will reselect it and let you know
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 05, 2013 at 09:20 PM
Disabling that option should solved it!. =)
- RickGregoryAnswered on October 05, 2013 at 09:27 PMThat did it! I disabled the Validate Image and the form uploaded.
Thanks. At least we know that there is a problem with this using IEv10 though!
- RickGregoryAnswered on October 05, 2013 at 09:29 PMBy the way – just so I understand the functionality correctly. Does Validate Image validate the supported file formats prior to submission?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 05, 2013 at 09:37 PM
Great! Glad to hear it's fixed now.
No, you might be referring to "Extensions" option.
The validate image checks if the uploaded file is a real image file and not fake.
Example: If the user writes a text file (via notepad) and save it as .jpg ( extension of an image file), once the fake image file is uploaded, the user will be prompted with an error indicating that the uploaded image is not a valid image file.
I hope this clears. :)
- RickGregoryAnswered on October 05, 2013 at 09:48 PMYes, that clears up the definition of Validate Image. I look forward to hearing when this is fixed. It looks like a very useful tool.
I am using the extensions option.
Thanks for the help!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 05, 2013 at 10:03 PM
We will surely inform you here once it is fixed.
- alp_denizAnswered on October 21, 2013 at 07:31 AM
Now you should be able to use validate images without any problems. Please let us know in case of any issues.
- RickGregoryAnswered on October 30, 2013 at 09:41 PMAre you saying you have fixed the validation issue I reported with IE?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on October 30, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Yes that is correct. The error where form freezes to "Please wait" on IE10 was reported to our backend team.
Please test and get back to us if the issue persists.
- RickGregoryAnswered on November 01, 2013 at 01:07 AMWill do ASAP - thanks