What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How do I add my pdf to the whitepaper download template?Asked by flyhighc on October 07, 2013 at 08:16 PM
Hi, I've composed a form to download a whitepaper. I don't see how to add the pdf to the form. How do I upload this to the form or make it available for those who click the Download Now! button?
Please review this guide for instructions on how to display a PDF on your form. If you need to add a link to your PDF instead of displaying as per the instructions in the guide please follow the steps below.
1. Add a Free Text (HTML) field to your form
2. Create the text for link
3. Select the link icon and add the link to your PDF.
I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Thank you Tasha.
I don't want the pdf displayed on the form, or a link provided to the download. I only want the pdf downloaded after someone fills in their information and clicks the Download Now button.
How do I enable the download option via the button after someone has correctly filled out the form?
You can try this work around. Here are the steps.
1. You need to get a way to upload your files online using dropbox or google drive etc.. I have used dropbox for this example.
2. After you have identified which to use, now you need to get the Share link as we need that link to put into your "Download Now" button.
3. Now that you have a link of your pdf file lets go now to your forn and change some settings. Lets apply some condition rules. Click on Conditions and choose Change Thank You URL after submission.
4. Finally try the form itself. I made a copy of your form to demonstrate to you what would be the end result. Please have a look at this form http://form.jotform.co/form/32836467651866.
By the way if you like this form, feel free to clone it.
Let me know if you have other questions.
That is exactly what I needed! Thank you!
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.