- tr1n1tyHealthAsked on October 08, 2013 at 09:17 AM
I'm working on setting up my email notifications. I sent myself a test email from the form and it worked great. When I previewed the form and submitted an actual response, it sent the email, but Outlook keeps crashing whenever I try to open it.
I can open the test email just fine, but any actual form notifications keep crashing and won't open.
In my Preferences, I have set the emails to only show the fields that were filled out...
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on October 08, 2013 at 09:47 AM
Are you using MAC OS?
Changing your outlook's character encoding should resolve this issue. It should be set to UTF-8.
Please check the following URL for a step by step guide: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2770017
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if the issue persists.
- tr1n1tyHealthAnswered on October 08, 2013 at 09:48 AM
Yes, I am. Thanks...I'll try that!
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on October 08, 2013 at 09:49 AM
Do try changing the character encoding and that should solve your problem.
- tr1n1tyHealthAnswered on October 08, 2013 at 09:59 AM
I just tried to follow the steps in the link, but there's no option for "preferred encoding."
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on October 08, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Which version of outlook are you using?
- tr1n1tyHealthAnswered on October 08, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I'm on 14.1 for 2011. I can open the emails fine on my phone and on the Web version of Outlook, but not on the Desktop version using my Mac.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on October 08, 2013 at 10:42 AM
You should actually see the
When you select Outlook menu >> Preferences >> Composing, you don't get the option to select Preferred encoding for new messages and change the drop down menu to the preferred encoding.
Please check this screenshot:
Is it possible for you to share your "Preferences" window screenshot?
Please follow these steps to upload images in forum post:
1. Go to our image repository by click on this url: https://www.jotform.com/help/image_upload.php?naked=true
2. Click on browse button to select your screenshot image which you want to share.
3. Click on "Send Image" button
4. Copy the text from the "Image URL" textbox.
5. In the forum text area, click on the image icon and paste the image url:
You will be able to see the image.
- tr1n1tyHealthAnswered on October 08, 2013 at 10:45 AM
This is my Outlook Preferences window for "Composing"...
- EliezerNAnswered on October 08, 2013 at 12:11 PM
After making some research in the net for possible causes of this issue I found this microsoft support article that I think is related to your issue, I hope it helps:
I will looking for more information about this issue and will let you know if I find something that can help to resolve it. Please let us know if the article helps or if you need further assistance with this problem.
- Jeshurun77Answered on June 06, 2017 at 06:19 AM
I've been searching for a solution as I have a similar problem, but it's happening with Outlook 13 on a Windows 10 OS.
Every time I click on a Jotform form received into my inbox, Outlook stagnates with a "not responding" message and "contacting..." and supplying the URL where images are stored. Only after several seconds, Outlook continues as normal and shows the form. The frustration continues when I'd like to forward the message - then the whole process repeats itself.
Could you please point me in the right direction on changing settings on my Outlook?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on June 06, 2017 at 07:51 AM
This is a very old thread. I have moved your question to a new thread so that we can address it separately. You will be answered in the following thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1164560