- tr1n1tyHealthAsked on October 08, 2013 at 09:44 AM
Can you change the preferences of an auto response email so that it only emails them with the fields they filled out?
- EliezerNAnswered on October 08, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Thanks for contacting us.
You can accomplish what you need by enabling the Hide Empty Fields on Email function. That will hide the questions that were not answered. To enable it please follow these steps:
1. While editing your form click on Setup and Embed tab in the toolbar.
2. Select Preferences.
3. Click on Advance Settings tab.
4. Choose Enabled from the Hide Empty Fields on Email option.
Please notice that this function will also affect the Notification that is sent to you.
I hope this helps, but, if you need further assistance with this, please let us know or open a new thread to make nonrelated questions.
- tr1n1tyHealthAnswered on October 08, 2013 at 10:09 AM
I've done that already. It's hiding them when I get email notifications that someone completed the form, but it's not hiding them in the autoresponder emails.
- EliezerNAnswered on October 08, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Thanks for the information. You are right, this function does not work with autoresponder email, that's the way the function works correctly. However, I have forwarded your request to our next level support so that they can consider the implementation of this feature.
Forturnately there's a workaround you can implement in the meant time. You can use an Email Notification instead of Autoresponder Email. It is possible to configure the Email Notification to use your form Email field as the recipient by using the field tag:
That will send a notification to the form users and will hide empty fields at the same time.
To get the email field tag, follow the next steps:
1. While editing your form right click on the Email field and choose Show Properties.
2. You will find the tag at the bottom of the pop-up page:
You will be updated via this thread by our dev team if the implementation of the feature is possible or if they have availabel information.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 22, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Empty fields can now be hidden on autoresponder emails. Just make sure that the "Hide Empty Fields on Emails" is set to "Enabled.
Kindly inform us if you have other questions or concerns.