- reciproc8Asked on October 11, 2013 at 11:36 AM
I am trying to create a workaround with a problem I am expericning with some form work. I need to get the URL from the 'referring' page to be added to the URL of the next page. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
- JotForm Supportardy0689Answered on October 11, 2013 at 12:29 PM
To do this please consider the following:
2. You need to configure the Form to "Send Post Data" where you can retrieve the POST array from PHP or ASP after submission.
3. You also need to set a redirect from the Thank You Wizard to the page that will receive the HTTP post data.
5. When the script fetched the URL it can then be injected directly to the Form using the ID of the hidden box as the reference.
6. When the form is filled up and submitted, it does 3 things:
A.Sends submitted data to JotForm Server
B.Sends the same submitted data via HTTP Post to the receiving custom page
C. Sends email notification
7. Now from the receiving page in this case http://mydomain.com/my-page-to-fetch-post-data.php
you need to put a PHP or ASP script if it is an ASP/ASPX to fetch the submitted HTTP Post arrays.
8. You can extract or locate the hidden box value from the POST array
9. Do some header redirects and paste the extracted value to the URL of your choice to append it.
This is the main idea and it should work in most cases. If you need further help please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks