- pbsaAsked on October 22, 2013 at 10:26 PM
I have a basic form that will be repeatedly used - often populated with the same information. I'd like to use the Autocomplete fields as often as I can to help speed the process of completing the form. So my question is - how does the Autocomplete field work, exactly? Where does it pull the data from?
Will future submissions of the form use the previous submissions for the auto-complete? Or do I need to pre-populate it?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on October 22, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Form cannot read data of previous submissions. Auto complete feature works on the static hardcoded data which needs to be entered by you. When user start inputting the text in the auto complete field and if the character matches with any of the string you have already set, it will give you the hint to select from the list.
Example form: http://form.jotform.co/form/32888098615873?
I have added a few US states name. If you type "N" or "New" you will see the list of four states and if you type "F" you will get only one state. That is because I have manually added these 5 states in the auto complete items. It is not possible currently to get the list from previous submissions.
Here are the steps to add and configure auto question.
1. Load your form in editor.
2. Add "Auto Complete" question in your form which can be found under the "Power Tools" tab.
3. Select the auto complete field just added in your form.
4. Click on the "Items" tab from the form toolbar to add the auto complete texts.
Here is a screenshot:
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if yo have any questions.