What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Set unique subjectlines with conditionsAsked by kverneland on October 24, 2013 at 09:07 AM
We have an international site. It would help us a lot, if we can show which country the sender is from, in the subject line.
Is there any way to set up difference subjectlines depending on specific fields?
Hello, it is possible to set different "subject" depending on the user choices upon submission. In order for this to work you need to create different notification templates and add a condition on it.
To do this:
1. From the Form Builder, click "Setup & Embed"
2. Click "Email Alerts"
3. Click "Add New Email"
4. Choose "Notification Email" and click Next
5. Now configure your Recipient Settings for the new Notification template
6. Configure a different Subject line for this new notification and click "Finish" button when done.
7. Now you need to create a "Condition" based on submitter's selection or actions and tied the 2 notifications with different Subjects
A. Click "Setup & Embed"
B. Click "Conditions" and the Conditions Wizard should popup
C. Choose "Send an e-mail after submission" and click Next
8. As you can see here, we created a condition depending on the user selection of a dropdown field and will send Notification 1 if "Option 1" is selected and you can also send Notification 2 and use that instead if user chose a different selection.
As to show the submitters country, this is not possible with JotForm. Not directly but it is possible more or less.
To show you how to do it, please follow the steps here:
Step 1: Edit your Notification template and drag or double click the "IP address" to place the IP code on the 2 different location
Step 2: Highlight the IP code from the body message and click "Hyperlink" button
Step 3: You have to use a free 3rd party online service where you look up the IP address to show what country is it in.
You can use "http://www.geoiptool.com/en/?IP="
I know this is not the one you want but it is close.
Please let us know if you need further help. Thanks