- daveoreardonAsked on October 24, 2013 at 09:41 PM
I have a live survey built in JotForm (love your product by the way!) but I'd like to get a user interface/experience expert to redesign it for me.
As this person won't be familiar with JotForm, what constraints do I need to make them aware of so that they don't design something that can't be replicated in JotForm?
- CesarAnswered on October 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM
I would suggest that they might still need a short crash course on how the Form Editor works. And this might be needed specially if they are going to try to modifiy the form's appearance. Thankfuly the learning curve is not steep.
Also the appearance of the form can be customized by injecting CSS code to the form. This is important to note in regards to the appearance, also the expert may download the full source code of the form if they need to customize beyond the tools provided by the Form Editor.
Do let us know if you need further assistance. Thank You.
- daveoreardonAnswered on October 25, 2013 at 03:06 AM
Thanks for your quick and helpful reply.
Given that we can inject custom CSS codes and download the source code, does that mean that (provided the designer/developer has had a crash course in JotForm), that we are indeed free to make a form that looks exactly the way we want?
Two examples of something that we might want to do:
1. My survey currently has questions which require a star rating. The star style I use is 'stars'. Would a developer be able to implement a star style of their own design, e.g. kittens or lollipops, or would they still be restricted to using the star styles you provide (e.g. stars, stars 2, hearts, flags etc)?
2. What about if we wanted to implement a completely different method of entering a rating, i.e. not a scale, star or slider. E.g. the user enters a rating via something that looks like a speedometer, dragging the needle to point to a number between 1 and 10?
I just don't want my designer to come up with a great looking form design that then can't be implemented in JotForm.
Thanks, in advance, for your help.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 25, 2013 at 05:15 AM
1. Yes, you can download the form source code and customize the styles in anyway you want. When you download the form source code, it comes with complete files. CSS, JS and the form hml file. As as short tip, star rating settings is hardcoded on protoplus-ui.js file under found inside the JS folder when you download your complete form source code. The star rating image can be changed on the form source code.
2. That's possible as long as you will not changed the select field name of the star rating source code, it will going to work. The select field is used to capture the data on the star rating field.
Hope this helps. Do let us know if you come across any issues. Regards!
- daveoreardonAnswered on October 25, 2013 at 05:17 PM
Thanks guys. That's very helpful. I really appreciate you both taking the time to give such high quality responses.