What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Special codeAsked by Travis on October 29, 2013 at 02:20 PM
I am looking for a way to create a form that would allow information about a prospect to be submitted to a sales person once they enter in a code. This would be a singal form submission.
So for example if a person gets a code and enters it in on a site then JotForm would send an email with that information that was previously entered from the system to the sales rep.
Is there a way to do this with JotForm?
Hello Travis, this is possible but it will entirely depend on where would the information are stored. Is it from JotForm or from your own database?.
1. If the information is stored from JotForm side and not from your system you will going to create form that patterns exactly with your database structure and fill and submit the infos one by one manually. This could be problematic if you have a huge database.
2. If the information is stored on your database, this is possible and use JotForm entirely for autoresponder and redirection work. But you also need to create a form that matches the fields on your database(e.g Full name field, address field of the prospect)
Then create a separate form the contains only 1 textbox for the code.
To put it simply:
1. Create an Information Form(Form Viewing purposes only)
2. Create a Code form
3. Create a page in your website that contains a server script(PHP/ASP) that fetches the information and use these values to redirect and to prepopulate the Information form. Read more on Prepopulating fields to your JotForm via URL parameters
4. Create an autoresponder template from the Code Form. The message will contain a link to the page with server script.
5. Create a Custom Thank you URL redirect on the Code Form and should be redirected to the page you created and this should give the server script the code as reference to find the information stored on the database then fetch that data and redirect to information page along the values to prepopulate.
So the sales person will both be redirected to the link after submission on the Code form and receive an email copy of the link to the server script page for future reference.
Your server script page is the main point and will fetch the data from your database and redirect the sales person to the information page with the prepopulated data. You can disable the submit button on the Information Form as it is for viewing use only.
This is the main idea and it should work fine. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you
Thank you so much for this valuable information. I have created the forms but the part that I am confused about is Step 3, "Create a server script" does jotforms have an app that would be able to do this?
What i would like to happen is once the code is submitted from this site http://form.jotform.co/form/33016098031849 the site will look up submissions from this form http://form.jotform.us/form/33016417002135 and send that information to the sales rep.
Once again thank you for this information.
I apologize for the confusion. At the meantime, no. We do not have an app that creates automatically the server scripts to link forms to a database in real time. Although we have a number of JotForm apps that are related to database. They are mostly used to export submission data from the form in JotForm servers and provide the proper format file that you can use to import it to your database.
In Step 3: you need to find a guy who can make the server script for you that understands your current database structure of your system. One who excels to server scripts such as PHP and ASP/ASPX
At the meantime JotForm does not provide a way to search submissions from Forms. This is why the Step 3 is a workaround for situations like yours.