- PETERAsked on October 29, 2013 at 08:18 PM
Hi- I have a WordPress site. I'd like new visitors to be able to fill out a New Membership form and submit payment in exchange for access to specific pages that are viewable only by visitors that have filled out the New Membership form AND submitted payment. I'd like to use PayPal as the payment method. However, I can sign up for a Google Wallet or other account if you don’t support PayPal.
Before I buy your plugin, I'd like to know if this functionality is available. Thank you!
- JotForm Supportardy0689Answered on October 29, 2013 at 09:05 PM
Hello Peter. JotForm is an online form builder web service. We offer free accounts that have no expiration but has limits on the number of submissions of 100 per month. Please see our Pricing page to know more about Free account limitations
Our Wordpress plugin is free to use and can be used freely without any limitations. However, I would like you to take note that this plugin is only designed to embed the forms you created here on JotForm.com and is only restricted to do only just that.
JotForm can not interact directly on your Wordpress database or provide authentication or permissions in regards to Wordpress pages.
However that is still possible by:
1. Enabling HTTP Post submission on the payment form that has atleast 1 textbox that asks their Wordpress username on your page
2. Redirect the thank you page to a URL where a PHP page can fetch the POST variables
3. From the PHP page you need to devise a script to fetch the POST variables and inject it to your Wordpress database. In your case, you only need to get their Wordpress username from the form and compare it against the WP_USERS table of Wordpress and set the proper authentication level this username
If you need further help, please do not hesitate to ask, Thank you.
- PETERAnswered on October 29, 2013 at 11:47 PMThank you for your reply. Do you know where I could get existing code per the below so that I don’t have to code everything from scratch?
- CesarAnswered on October 30, 2013 at 01:12 AM
Unfortunately there is no specific code already pre-built. Meaning any development in regards to having the form function with your Wordpress site may have to be done manually or with the scripts you find along the way, through forum support, online research and the user guides.
In regards to the form design, I would suggest to take a look at the form templates gallery to find a form that may suit your needs. Once you have one you can customize it using the Form Editor.
Customizing the form is a very simple process, and we do have a PayPal Payment Tool that you can use on your form to collect membership fees.
Payment Tool located on the Form Editor
Do let us know if you need further assistance, so we can help you further. Thank you.