- pamballAsked on October 30, 2013 at 08:57 PM
I want to set up a training (classes) to be charged $25 each participant however I would like to offer a Special coupon code that would allow someone to register to have 6 attendees attend the training for free with the coupon.
I also need to cap each training at 20 attendees.
Can this be done and if so how?
- CesarAnswered on October 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I will answer the questiosion below.
I would like to offer a Special coupon code that would allow someone to register to have 6 attendees attend the training for free with the coupon.
Firts you need you products already listed on your payment Tools
For this example we use an English Class product. SDave your products once all settings have been done to them.
Acfter Saving the changes, click on the Next button
On this next screen beginns the process to add a coupon code. Click on the button labeled coupons.
IF we want the coupon code to set the price to fee, You will need to use a Fixed Amount type with the Discount amount of full product price.
I also need to cap each training at 20 attendees.
You can limit the amount of submissions allowed on your form. To do so, so the following:
Go to Setup & Embed on the top toolbar of the Form Editor.
Click on the Preferences icon.
On the Preferences window, click on the Form Limits tab.
Edit the Submission Limit to the value of amount of submissions you would like to allow.
These are the steps to add a coupon code for a free class and also the steps on how to limit the amount of submissions allowed on the form.
Do let us know if you need futher assistance.
- pamballAnswered on October 31, 2013 at 12:07 PMOK I am not sure if you understood my questions….
I wanted to allow each company the opportunity to register up to 6 people for free … but have classes listed at $25 and for $35 – when I add a coupon code for a fixed amount of $210 to cover 6 participants for a $35 class it makes it FREE for even 11 participants, :0(
I also only wanted to allow up to 20 people registered for any given class to keep the class sizes at 20 not 20 submissions on the form….
Is this possible using jotform?
- JotForm SupportguilledutraAnswered on October 31, 2013 at 01:19 PM
I'm afraid that you will need to create separate coupon codes for each product in order to avoid the coupon being applied to more than one product.
LCGFREENOV2 coupon code, will only discount $210 of the product "Nov. 2 - Managing the Multi-Age Classroom (Two’s) – Amanda Zarbock @ Bedford"
According to your second request, unfortunately it is not possible to have a "buyed product counter" in order to limit the quantity of attendants that the next user could choose from, you can only limit how many submissions that could be made to your form.
- pamballAnswered on October 31, 2013 at 02:36 PMThis still does not seem to be working correctly, :0( Can you please take a look here:
I thought I would just set up a separate form for each training however when the coupon is applied it shows it on the form but when submitted it still takes you to PayPal for payment…what am I doing wrong?
- JotForm SupportguilledutraAnswered on October 31, 2013 at 03:32 PM
please apply the coupon code only to the product,with this option will apply the discount correctly and if the total amount is $0 your form will bypass the paypal windows, give it a try.
Hope it helps
please let us know if you need further assistance
- pamballAnswered on October 31, 2013 at 09:49 PMI figured out how to make it do all that I need it to….I set up one form for each training…with a maximum of 20 submissions (which will only allow 20 people to register) and the coupon code will work for all of them but each company should already know they get 6 free….hopefully that will work…
Thanks for your help,
- khrisellAnswered on October 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM
In behalf of Cesar and Guillermo, you're welcome.
We are glad to be of any help with your Jotform needs.
Please let us know anytime if you need any assistance.
Thank you for using JotForm.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on March 10, 2014 at 04:10 AM
I am happy to let you know that it is now possible to limit coupon usage, either by expiration date, or by number of uses.
Please try it and let us know what you think.
- QuliAnswered on July 12, 2014 at 02:41 AM
How does the limit work?
Does it limit it by the number of uses per coupon or per customer?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on July 12, 2014 at 04:49 AM
Please be noted that coupon code has two types limits as follows:
1. By Number of uses: You can limit how many times a coupon can be used by any users. It is not limited to any customer. If you set the limit of a coupon code as 2, the coupon can be only used twice in the form to claim discount.
2. By expiration date: Coupon code can be used any number of times until the expiration date which you have set.
Hope this answers your query.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.