- ein7505Asked on November 02, 2013 at 06:27 PM
hi, si i have a form i want to fill out for measurements but I don't want my customer to re-enter their credentials when they send me the form...is there a way, i can just duplicate the emails address under their "my account", hide it to them but display it to me so I know whose file this belongs to?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on November 02, 2013 at 08:26 PM
I think this can be achieved by prepopulating the data to the form. Let says for example, on the first submission of the form they have to fill in their basic personal details. On the form thank you page, you have to provide to them again the form URL with the prepopulating variables and advised them to use that link next time if they're going to submit again another entry so they don't need to fill again their basic information since they are prepopulated to the form.
Ok, here's a guide:
1. Copy the field variables on your form that you'd like to autofill when the users click on the form URL on the thank you page.
To get the field variables, check this visual guide:
2. Construct the prepopulate URL using this app. http://prepopulate.jotform.io/. Just browse your form, write sample data then generate the URL. Copy it afterwards.
3. Last, removed the sample data from the generated URL and replace it with the field variables that you copied from your form and then create a thank you message that makes the users aware of the prepopulated URL.
That's it! Test your form afterwards. Hope this helps. Thank you!