- antoniooiAsked on November 04, 2013 at 07:38 AM
I had been working on a critical form since last week and the modifications always repeatedly reversed back to the cloned stated in the next day (or perhaps serveral hours later)! I keep losing my intended modifications, which include many new fields, email templates, and conditional rules. The form title was also being automatically renamed by JotForm and back to "Cone of XXXX XXXXXX"!!! It was being saved, embedded, tested OK on live website but the next day, it always reversed back to unmodified state!!!
Guys, if such silly problem continue to persist, I will not be able to launch my new important campaign on 11 Nov 2013! I really tired of keep getting full string of unpredictable problems from JotForm! Please take immediate action to rectify this ASAP!
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on November 04, 2013 at 08:24 AM
I'm sorry for the trouble caused to you.
Have you logged in to your JotForm account from any other location? The form will not revert back to its previous version unless and until it is saved. Please ensure that that you have not opened this form in some other browser in edit mode. We have auto save functionality and if this form is loaded in editor of some other browser too, you will be making modifications in your form and in another browser editor will keep reverting the changes back to old version.
I would suggest you to ensure that you have not logged in from different location. Please clone this form which you want to modify and then start working on this cloned version.
If you work on such critical form, it is advisable to take backup of your form at regular intervals. Once a major work is complete in your form, you should clone it before making another changes. This will ensure that you have backups of your form. This guide should help you in form cloning: http://www.jotform.com/help/27-How-to-clone-an-existing-form-from-your-account
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- antoniooiAnswered on November 04, 2013 at 08:45 AM
All the forms are also automatically saved even though none of them is opened in another browser??? By the way, do you know why I need to modify my form in another browser (Firefox)? Because some of your functionalities are not working on the latest Chrome browser! So I only use my main browser (Chrome) to monitor incoming submissions through the form list but perform only my modifications on Firefox only.
To be honest, your explanation is not justifiable. Let me give you an example:
I logon my Gmail in Chrome and saved a draft copy of an email. At the same time, I logged on to the same Gmail account using Firefox and modify the draft copy that I previously saved in Chrome. Will Gmail update my Chrome copy with the latest version modified in Firefox or it will keep using the older copy to update the new copy?
The autosave mechanism is simple: JotForm never check the Last Modified Date & Time between the client and server copies -- This is the problem!
- EliezerNAnswered on November 04, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Please let us apologize again for the inconveniences this may have caused.
In oder to resolve this issue I would appreciate if you try the following suggestions:
- Please try clearing your form caches from your Account page (I already did this from our side). Please follow these steps to do it:
1. Click on the icon that seems a person.
2. Click on Account.
3. Choose the Settings tab from the left side menu.
4. Click on Clear Cache button.
- Also try clearing your browser caches and cookies, it could be caches related issue. After clearing your browser caches and cookies log in Jotform and try to make any change to your form and see if the issue persist.
- Have already tried using a different computer? If not, it would be I good idea to try.
I hope this helps. Please let us know if the issue still persists.
- dkinneyAnswered on May 14, 2014 at 01:13 AMHave the same problem, it is very frustrating. It happens periodically, suggested solution does not remove the issue it re-appears after some time. I am logging into the form from one computer and from one broswer. If this is associated with your autosaving functionality, I would prefered to have it turned off. I think this is a very serious issues in terms of reliability and it has to be fixed ASAP. Thanks. PS. Revision histroy is not warking after the form revrted to earlier version.