- beckenhorstAsked on November 07, 2013 at 02:17 PM
I set this form up to upload to DropBox instead of the JotForm media host, but for some reason it still says my space is running out. Can you tell me why?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 07, 2013 at 03:46 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
The form is accepting uploads to our server, and then using Dropbox API forwarding them to your Dropbox. In other words, the files are hosted on both JotForm and Dropbox. There is no way to change that behavior, but you can delete the form entries (submissions) from JotForm in order to clean some space. This will not affect your Dropbox files.
If you need more space, please consider upgrading your subscription.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.
- beckenhorstAnswered on November 07, 2013 at 04:20 PM
Thanks Mike. Is there any way to delete the files from JotForm storage without deleting the accompanying submission data?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on November 07, 2013 at 04:48 PM
No, there is no way to do this. You ought to delete the entire submission in order to free up storage. I would recommend you to integrate the form with google drive, this way you'll get both the data and the files somewhere else.
You can also make a backup by Exporting Form Data to Excel, before deleting the submissions.
- beckenhorstAnswered on November 07, 2013 at 05:02 PM
Cool, thanks guys. I'll talk to my client about the Google Drive integration option.
- JotForm SupportguilledutraAnswered on November 07, 2013 at 05:28 PM
You are welcome,
Thank you for using JotForm