- KeystonemerchAsked on November 11, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Here is an example of what I am asking.
form.mydomainname.com/username/random name for report instead of ID numbers.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on November 11, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Thank you for asking this.
Form ID is a unique identifier of any form and is required to load your from in your browser. Though you can take advantage of our custom domain feature to access your form with your own domain name but unfortunately the form id cannot be replaced with any random texts. Here is a guide which should help you in configuring the custom domain: http://www.jotform.com/help/144-How-to-use-Custom-Domains-with-Jotform
To hide the form ID, what can be possibly done is that you can embed your form in one of your own webpage and share the webpage URL with your users instead of sharing the JotForm form URL. These guides should help you choose an appropriate embed code:
Hope this answers your question.
Do get back to us if you have any other question. We are here to help.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on November 13, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Please accept my apology as my previous answer was partially incorrect. I would like to correct my previous reply:
It is possible to replace the form ID with your own texts in your form URL. You can take advantage of the combination of custom domain and custom URL feature.
Here are the steps you should follow to achieve your requirement:
1. Load your form in editor.
2. Click on "Setup & Embed" and then click on "Embed Form"
3. Generate your custom URL. Please check the screenshot below:
4. Please be noted that custom URL works in this format: https://www.jotform.com/USERNAME/TEXT
5. Now as you have your own custom URL, you can use our custom domain feature which will not have form ID in the URL.
This is your original form URL: https://www.jotform.com/form/33164345499967
You can use custom URL to change the URL to this: https://www.jotform.com/ashwin_d/testForm
and finally use custom domain to produce this URL: http://www.yourURL.com/testForm
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.