- AriSheriAsked on November 14, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Ok so I am creating a website through Squarespace for a client and I am using jotform becasue one part of the site requires the user to fill out a form. About a month ago I had a lightbox form emeded and it worked fine. Now once you click the button nothing happens. I have trued using the i-frame code to embed it and it works fine.
Can anybody shed some light on this problem I am having.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 14, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Thanks for contacting us about your problem. That is probably a conflict with your website scripts and the form lightbox scripts. Is there any way we can check the form to your website? If yes, please let us know the page URL.
You may try this solution;
1. Re-embed your form using the same method. Do some test and if the problem is still there, please proceed to step 2..
2. From your form lightbox codes, find this line:
..and remove the "2" from the feedback2.js so it becomes:
Please update us here for the results.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 14, 2013 at 12:34 PM
By the way, please make sure that you are using the CODE button as described from our guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/37-Adding-Form-to-Squarespace
- AriSheriAnswered on November 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Ok so it still isn't working. I do have the i-frame code working.
Here is the link: https://arianne-shaffer-nb6s.squarespace.com/submit/
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 14, 2013 at 01:48 PM
The lightbox won't work because you have it as the normal URL. SquareSpace is a secure environment, and they require using the secure access anytime you visit the website. Therefore, I would suggest re-embedding your form using the Secure URL feature. Please refer to this guide: Setting Up a Secure or SSL Form.
I've forced my browser to accept the secure content, and the lightbox works. This isn't adviseable for security concerns so you need to use the secure form:
- AriSheriAnswered on November 14, 2013 at 02:08 PM
Thank you so much for your help it worked!
- EliezerNAnswered on November 14, 2013 at 03:10 PM
It's great to know that my colleague's suggestion worked perfect. So, on behalf of Welvin you are welcome. Feel free to contact us again by opening a new thread if you need assistance with unrelated enquiries.