- cnb1572Asked on November 23, 2013 at 01:56 PM
I'm trying to integrate usage of my Authorize.net account into my Jotforms to sell through my website. When I run the integration test with my current API keys, it tells me that "Transactions of this market type cannot be processed on this system". However, if I put in my old keys, it says "Integration successfully tested". And, obviously, if I try to process a credit card using the old keys, I'm told to contact the Merchant Service provider. What am I doing wrong? Is there something else that I need to get from Authorize.net in order to use my current API keys?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on November 23, 2013 at 06:25 PM
Here's the reason why the error appears on your current API Key. This is according to authorize.net.
Response Reason Text: Transactions of this market type cannot be processed on this system.
Notes: The server is not configured to process the product type derived from the market type of this transaction.
This can happen for four reasons:
1) You are attempting to process a type of transaction that your account is not designed to process. An example would be using a card swipe machine to process transactions on an e-commerce or mail order/telephone order (MOTO) account.
2) You are passing an incorrect value to the field x_market_type. If you are using a Retail account you want to pass a value of "2". The Implementation Guide for Card Present transactions can be found at http://www.authorize.net/support/CP_guide.pdf.
3) Your Merchant Service Provider may be incorrectly setup for this account.
4) The product type (SIC code) is incorrect for this account.
You might have a wrong account type which does not support this. You should have an e-commerce account type since this allows online card info input by user from anywhere which is the processed used on the form. You have to switched your account type to prevent this error.
Let us know if you have further questions about this. Thanks!