- NeerajPrasadAsked on November 24, 2013 at 06:32 PM
I would like to create a text area (rich text) with a maximum size e.g 20 lines. Is this possible?
If not, I have been using the word/letter limit properties for a text area (rich text) but when I preview it does not restrict to what I have set it to.
Your help is much appreciated.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on November 24, 2013 at 07:49 PM
How do you preview it?
I have seen similar cases before. Usually, if you just copy and paste a wall of text that is more than the limit you set in the text area property, -- the text will be pasted, but it will have warning message that the text is more than the allowed limit.
I checked your form https://www.jotform.com/33276630286861 but I could see that No-Limit is set on the text area field.
You have to set a number word or character limit for the limit to take effect.
- NeerajPrasadAnswered on November 25, 2013 at 12:29 PMHi
Thank you for getting back to me. I have been trying to get this working for a while by switching the limit on and off and trying words vs letters but I can’t get it to work.
You will see I have set the entry limit to 5 words (screenshot above) but when I preview the form I can type in more than five words and the counter below the text area does not increase (screenshot below).
I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
Thanks for your help.
Sent from Windows Mail
- pinoytechAnswered on November 25, 2013 at 01:48 PM
- NeerajPrasadAnswered on November 25, 2013 at 03:39 PMThank you for looking in to this for me.
I am keen to go live with this form and would appreciate it if this issue could be rectified soon.
Thanks for your help.
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 13:48:38 -0500
Subject: Re: Text area limit
- JotForm Supportardy0689Answered on November 25, 2013 at 05:19 PM
Hello, my colleague has already escalated this issue to our higher ups. We will update you here for any progress once our development team has looked into this issue. We apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you
- JotForm SupportsteveAnswered on September 17, 2014 at 07:05 PM
I just tested this in rich text mode. It works as expected now:
Please let us know if you still encounter an issue.